Flow Rift Boa Coiler Boots - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2009, 02:06 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Flow Rift Boa Coiler Boots

Any experience of these boots?
Lians60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2009, 09:18 PM   #2 (permalink)

Just bought a pair today at Windance Boardshop in OR on the cheap (30% off & free shipping). They are hard to find in a 9.5 Mens and especially in WHITE (best color)! I do wear a size 10.5 adidas on an everyday shoe, so I suggest going one size smaller for a good snug fit. Easy on easy off even with the difference.

Tried a pair on at a local shop along with a pair of Burton SL10's & Ions which had considerable heel lift. The Rifts? None whatsoever. Walked around the shop a bit with one on and almost forgot I was wearing it. It was that comfy.

I've been loyal to Burton for 20 years now, but I have not been impressed lately by them & decided to try out the Flows. I'll be taking them up to the mtn. this weekend for their virgin run. I can report back at that time.
Awaken101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 03:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
The_Dirk

Awaken101,

Glad you posted that mini review. I am buying boots on a budget and the Rift Boa was one of the 5 boots I am trying to decide between. I think i'm going to go with the rift. Thanks for all the info.

oh and i found them on Shoes.com of all places for $80.00 w/ free shipping.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:40 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I'd never buy boots online. ever.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:12 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dirk View Post
Awaken101,

Glad you posted that mini review. I am buying boots on a budget and the Rift Boa was one of the 5 boots I am trying to decide between. I think i'm going to go with the rift. Thanks for all the info.

oh and i found them on Shoes.com of all places for $80.00 w/ free shipping.
Glad to be of some help Dirk!

So as previously stated... I did get to try them out this weekend. I will never go back to traditional laces! The Boa system was great! Great snug fit and gave me much more confidence than the rental boots I have been riding in previously. It was nice to step out of the board and reach through my snowboard pants and pop the release easily when i need to walk around.

Some things I noted once up on the mountain... First and foremost, these WILL need to be broken in! I had fairly noticeable discomfort around the ankle area that would come and go throughout the day. I attempted to readjust the inner lining to make them more comfortable but it really didnt help too much. Maybe my ankles are just awkward and bony but I'm hoping after going up tonight it will be a bit better.

White may not have been the best color since Ive noticed its already getting a bit of staining where the front binding straps covered the tounge. Ive switched up to toe straps today to hopefully correct the problem. Its only cosmetic, I know... but I am a bit neurotic about the cleanliness of my kicks.

On the mountain, they performed as expected... Excellent! No complaints while riding, they were cushy, experienced no heel lift, no blisters or anything after a long day.

Hope this helps in confirming your purchase, lil bit jealous you are getting them so cheap! Enjoy.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:14 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakk View Post
I'd never buy boots online. ever.
Nor would I without trying them on first. That's why I went to the local shop and tried them on first, then went online and found them cheaper.
Old 02-25-2009, 02:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
The_Dirk

Thanks for the update. And I do plan on trying them on before I buy them. No sense in spending an extra $50 when I don't have to. I have been riding on rentals the last couple times. I own one pair of boots. Some really old 32s. They are terrible, they weight about 10 pounds each. The padding on the inside is so bulky that the boot wont tighten up all the way and on top of it all, they're two sizes two big. But they were free and i'm not picky when it comes to free stuff. They worked for my first season, but I'm ready for something better. Something a lot better.