Oldie but goodie - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2014, 09:12 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Oldie but goodie

Hey guys,

Newish to the board, just registered, but I see a lot of new guys these days and its really good to see the sport thriving.

Anyways, I've been riding for a few seasons, but not recently due to work and marriage. Thought I'd get back in the game and went snowboarding this past weekend. Forgot how fun it was!

But yeah, I wanted to share my board with you guys. Not that old, but its a 2006 Nitro Naturals 175. I am 6'1 / 250lb so I need a stiff and long board. I know with the new tech I don't need as long but I like my gigantic board. Easy to carve, and I only do groomers (thats all I have near me). On another note, I don't know much about this board, anyone remember this board or know anything about it?

dextr3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2014, 09:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Nice woodwork and floor
Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 11:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
Resident poet

idk abt your board...looks almost pristine...but needs a waxing or scraping. I got 3 old cambered stiffies from around then...and infact this past wkend demo'd next years Lib's Jamie Lynn c3 20th Anniversary Phoenix that is almost the same size to compare to my old 04 Option cambered twin that I've been mostly riding this year due to poor snow. Frankly I was underwhelmed with the new lib, was hoping for more performance and actually feel my old board was more lively, held an edge better and was more stable blasting groomers....thus absolutely no reason to spend a bunch of cash for a new board....til the old one dies.

Last edited by wrathfuldeity; 02-12-2014 at 11:30 AM.
wrathfuldeity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 11:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
Fire on Ice...and Powder!

Don't know the board, but it looks in great shape and the topsheet is fantastic!
If you don't ride it, mount it on the wall.

Looks directional and tapered. And likely a regular camber profile from that era.
GreyDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 06:08 PM   #5 (permalink)

yep. I have no plans to retire this board. It is still in fantastic condition and I love riding it.

I did infact order an iron and some wax, so I will get to waxing it as soon as they get here.

It is traditional cambered. I know that, however I don't know if it is a directional. from what I can find, here is an excerpt.

Snowboard Life Top 25: Nitro Natural - Transworld Snowboarding

Quote:
Naturally, the Natural rose to the top for the second time. As Product Manager Tim Weisser puts it, “The Naturals series is like a full-suspension mountain bike. Once you’re used to it, it’s hard to go back to a regular mountain bike.”

Kevin gave it the highest score possible on overall performance, and exclaimed, “This board is whippy and quick for rapid turns in tight situations, like an alley cat getting chased off by an angry housewife.”

Jonathan raved about the board: “My one and only love. A landing stomper, a crud crusher, and a jolly jibber.”

And Kurt added more testimonial to the qualities of the Natural: “It oozes confidence to the power rider.” All testers gave it high marks for versatility, yet the women found it might be better for larger, more powerful riders.
Old 02-12-2014, 06:17 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamps View Post
Nice woodwork and floor
Oh, and thanks!