Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Just ordered Rome's 2013 Factory Rocker (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/127313-just-ordered-romes-2013-factory-rocker.html)

highiso 02-12-2014 10:36 AM

Just ordered Rome's 2013 Factory Rocker

I've been riding a flat rocker for the past 3 years and am excited to try this rocker/camber combo. I'll be using my new Flow Flite bindings with it. Anyone riding this board currently?

Rome Factory Rocker Snowboard 2013 | evo outlet

ksup3erb 02-12-2014 11:14 AM

I rode it for much of last season. Good board. Light. Soft flex.

highiso 02-12-2014 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksup3erb (Post 1530241)
I rode it for much of last season. Good board. Light. Soft flex.

Thx, I've read nothing but good things about it. A few people suggested a stiff binding for it, hope I'm ok with my Flow Flites which are super soft.

ksup3erb 02-12-2014 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by highiso (Post 1530361)
Thx, I've read nothing but good things about it. A few people suggested a stiff binding for it, hope I'm ok with my Flow Flites which are super soft.

It's a matter of personal preference really. I personally wouldn't put anything that soft on it, but I don't like soft bindings.

highiso 02-12-2014 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksup3erb (Post 1530385)
It's a matter of personal preference really. I personally wouldn't put anything that soft on it, but I don't like soft bindings.

I just switched to the Flows a few weeks ago and it took me a run or two to get used to them. I've ridden stiff bindings all my life because I thought I had too. BUT after having the Flows now for almost a month I've fallen in love with them and would never go back. I'm just hoping they feel ok on this new board and I'm not getting loose and shifty everywhere.

ksup3erb 02-12-2014 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by highiso (Post 1530449)
I just switched to the Flows a few weeks ago and it took me a run or two to get used to them. I've ridden stiff bindings all my life because I thought I had too. BUT after having the Flows now for almost a month I've fallen in love with them and would never go back. I'm just hoping they feel ok on this new board and I'm not getting loose and shifty everywhere.

You'll just have to try them out. Just know what the board can do and not do when you try it out with those bindings.

Although Rome says it's a medium flex board it really is pretty soft (especially torsionally) given the light weight. I found it to be surfy and playful. Hitting a side stash or two. It's not for railing hard carves or bombing or huge drops/jumps. If you use it for what it's good for you'll have a good time.

highiso 02-12-2014 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksup3erb (Post 1530481)
You'll just have to try them out. Just know what the board can do and not do when you try it out with those bindings.

Although Rome says it's a medium flex board it really is pretty soft (especially torsionally) given the light weight. I found it to be surfy and playful. Hitting a side stash or two. It's not for railing hard carves or bombing or huge drops/jumps. If you use it for what it's good for you'll have a good time.

Bombing on some big rollers is one of my favorite things to do, guess I'll just have to wait and see. Thanks for your input!

highiso 02-12-2014 12:31 PM

I'm getting the 161. I should've mentioned I'm 6'0" 205 lbs.

ksup3erb 02-12-2014 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by highiso (Post 1530529)
Bombing on some big rollers is one of my favorite things to do, guess I'll just have to wait and see. Thanks for your input!

You know it's an extruded base right? It's not that fast.

I replaced this board with a Proto, which is better in almost every way. But a Proto costs a lot more.

highiso 02-12-2014 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksup3erb (Post 1530601)
You know it's an extruded base right? It's not that fast.

I replaced this board with a Proto, which is better in almost every way. But a Proto costs a lot more.

Yeah I'm used to an xtruded base. My fast and your fast are probably two different things. :) I'd love to drop $600+ on a deck but that's never gonna happen.