Just ordered Rome's 2013 Factory Rocker - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2014, 10:36 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Just ordered Rome's 2013 Factory Rocker

I've been riding a flat rocker for the past 3 years and am excited to try this rocker/camber combo. I'll be using my new Flow Flite bindings with it. Anyone riding this board currently?

Rome Factory Rocker Snowboard 2013 | evo outlet
highiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2014, 11:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I rode it for much of last season. Good board. Light. Soft flex.
ksup3erb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 11:47 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksup3erb View Post
I rode it for much of last season. Good board. Light. Soft flex.
Thx, I've read nothing but good things about it. A few people suggested a stiff binding for it, hope I'm ok with my Flow Flites which are super soft.
Old 02-12-2014, 11:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by highiso View Post
Thx, I've read nothing but good things about it. A few people suggested a stiff binding for it, hope I'm ok with my Flow Flites which are super soft.
It's a matter of personal preference really. I personally wouldn't put anything that soft on it, but I don't like soft bindings.
Old 02-12-2014, 12:06 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
It's a matter of personal preference really. I personally wouldn't put anything that soft on it, but I don't like soft bindings.
I just switched to the Flows a few weeks ago and it took me a run or two to get used to them. I've ridden stiff bindings all my life because I thought I had too. BUT after having the Flows now for almost a month I've fallen in love with them and would never go back. I'm just hoping they feel ok on this new board and I'm not getting loose and shifty everywhere.
Old 02-12-2014, 12:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
I just switched to the Flows a few weeks ago and it took me a run or two to get used to them. I've ridden stiff bindings all my life because I thought I had too. BUT after having the Flows now for almost a month I've fallen in love with them and would never go back. I'm just hoping they feel ok on this new board and I'm not getting loose and shifty everywhere.
You'll just have to try them out. Just know what the board can do and not do when you try it out with those bindings.

Although Rome says it's a medium flex board it really is pretty soft (especially torsionally) given the light weight. I found it to be surfy and playful. Hitting a side stash or two. It's not for railing hard carves or bombing or huge drops/jumps. If you use it for what it's good for you'll have a good time.
Old 02-12-2014, 12:28 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
You'll just have to try them out. Just know what the board can do and not do when you try it out with those bindings.

Although Rome says it's a medium flex board it really is pretty soft (especially torsionally) given the light weight. I found it to be surfy and playful. Hitting a side stash or two. It's not for railing hard carves or bombing or huge drops/jumps. If you use it for what it's good for you'll have a good time.
Bombing on some big rollers is one of my favorite things to do, guess I'll just have to wait and see. Thanks for your input!
Old 02-12-2014, 12:31 PM   #8 (permalink)

I'm getting the 161. I should've mentioned I'm 6'0" 205 lbs.
Old 02-12-2014, 12:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Bombing on some big rollers is one of my favorite things to do, guess I'll just have to wait and see. Thanks for your input!
You know it's an extruded base right? It's not that fast.

I replaced this board with a Proto, which is better in almost every way. But a Proto costs a lot more.
Old 02-12-2014, 12:42 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
You know it's an extruded base right? It's not that fast.

I replaced this board with a Proto, which is better in almost every way. But a Proto costs a lot more.
Yeah I'm used to an xtruded base. My fast and your fast are probably two different things. I'd love to drop $600+ on a deck but that's never gonna happen.