Burton Nug - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2014, 02:28 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Burton Nug

Im really interested in this board, I just dont know what to expect and I have no chance of demoing one...

Im thinking how much fun would a board this small be, they seem to advertise and glorify it a lot, and some of the reviews I come across seem to state the same, but every pow video I come across has everyone riding way in the backseat like I have to do on my 154 Operator...

Whats the real deal with this board, does it work? or is it just a gimmick that one will grow tired of. does it really float like a deck 10cm bigger? will a 150 hold an edge with 82kg riding on it?

Im 82kg Im into short decks but I cant see me working on anything smaller than my 154 Operator, I have been on a 152 about 10 years ago when I was 69 - 70kg

I been doing this since 96 and gone thru all kinds of size and flexes, my preferred boards are directional with a bit of setback in the 154 to 159 range, I got a bigger Slayblade when Im sure there is powder otherwise my Burton 154 Operator is the board I grab wherever I go.

Camber makes no difference to me, Ive done rockered, flat, & camber, I like em all

Im not into hard charging, thats just not my thing, crusing about looking for a feature, a roller to pop off is my thing, narrow forest runs, basically anywhere off the groomers which bore me to death.

Is this a take wherever you go board for someone who doesnt have a quiver?
ItchEtrigR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2014, 02:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

i demoed it at the burton festival at stratton. I loved it i have a 157 burton parkitect and i rode a 146 nug. It was so light and manuvarable. i took it off some medium jumps, hit some rails, and high speeds on some groomers. I would say it is a great board to take anywhere/ do anything. It isnt as good for big jumps for obvious reasons but it is a good all around board. It would be perfect for traveling on an airplane due to the fact that it is small, light, and compact.
StrattonRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 02:38 PM   #3 (permalink)

The Nug is super fun and it's rad up to a certain point in pow. With a short deck and continuous rocker you don't get as much edge hold, but it's enough for how it sounds like you are into riding. I got jacked a couple times trying to mach it down groomers and over small moguls. It's just not made for that. But it is a ton of fun to throw around while crusizin.
Fergatron2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 02:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Yes, I'd say it's real. I have the cambered Harvest 147 (for sale, actually) and it's good in everything but deep pow. Normally ride in the 154-55 range.
ksup3erb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 02:05 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks for the replies, few questions.

1. Is it going to float bigger than a 150? My 154w wants to submarine on mellower slopes. And if I'm not on my game or know the run, I never make it down without a tomahawk or 2...

2. Would something like a bigger soft rockered twin park board be just as fun. I'm thinking 157 k2 www.

3. What's the flex patten like? And does the nug allow for wide stances 25 inch? Or will I have to dial back the width?
ItchEtrigR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 03:00 PM   #6 (permalink)

The 2015 Nug will be flat and flying-v. V-rocker and camber are gone.
theprocess is offline   Reply With Quote