Advice on New beginner / intermediate setup - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2007, 05:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
Dave Scud

Default Advice on New beginner / intermediate setup

Hi eveybody,

My name is David and I am new to snowboarding. I went to Falls Creek (Australia) in 06 and snowboarded for 5 days. In what was a terrible season i still managed to pick up boarding quite quickly and by the 4th day was linking heel and toeside turns together. Although still catching a few downhill edges which must have looked funny from the lifts.

Anyway im heading over the NZ (Queenstown) next year and have started looking for my own board, bindings and boots. Now being in Brissy, there are only two ski shops that sell Snowboards so there's not much opportunity to obtain a wide range of advice.

A few extra details:
Height: 175cm
Weight: 74kg
Stance: Goofy
Style: Looking for an all mountain board (soft enough to learn on but will last me through my intermediate stages)

So after ranting on about my life I have narrowed it down to a few boards as below:

K2 Darkstar 157 (unfortunately it is pink)
Ride DH 157
Nitro Team 157
Burton Air 157 (although probably not going to go with this as i believe the other boards are better)

I was looking to couple these up with Burton Mission bindings but i guess that really depends on my boots. Your advice on what gear i should look to would be welcomed.

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2007, 07:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
djcuba908

Don't disregard the K2 Darkstar because its pink! First off, pink asserts your manliness by saying "Hey, yeah I got a pink board, what's it to you?" (Also, notice the pink shirt I'm wearing in my avatar...). Secondly, a good friend of mine who actually taught me how to ride in the park rode a K2 darkstar last season and he was in Montana riding every kind of terrain you can imagine; big mountain, backcountry, park, street, you name it, he road it. That board went through hell and back, and he said it constantly lived up to his expectations. He's riding a Nitro this year, also a good choice.