Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   boot size worrying me (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/12755-boot-size-worrying-me.html)

turboed13b 02-04-2009 06:18 PM

boot size worrying me

so i went to my local shop and bought a pair of burton ruler in a 10.5 but i wear a size 10 in other boots they felt good and snug at the store and i have been wearing them around the house and they feel like they are a bit looser now. im afraid they are going to pack out and become really loose on my feet. the shop i bought them from didn't have a 10 in stock so i couldn't try them on so i'm gonna have to order them from the internet. would it be safe to order the 10's or should i stay with the 10.5?

arsenic0 02-04-2009 06:20 PM

Take them back and ask them when they are getting 10's in?
Are there no other shops anywhere near you? Hell theres a Sports Authority and REI within like 2 minutes of eachother here :/

You should be figuring out what size you need then go onto Sierrasnowboard.com and buy their rulers for 119 bucks rather than 200 retail(assuming thats what you paid)
They still have white and brown/green rulers in size 10 left...

turboed13b 02-04-2009 06:22 PM

nope i live in ohio so there is one shop 45 min. from me.

jmacphee9 02-04-2009 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arsenic0 (Post 122609)
Take them back and ask them when they are getting 10's in?
Are there no other shops anywhere near you? Hell theres a Sports Authority and REI within like 2 minutes of eachother here :/

You should be figuring out what size you need then go onto Sierrasnowboard.com and buy their rulers for 119 bucks rather than 200 retail(assuming thats what you paid)
They still have white and brown/green rulers in size 10 left...

well they arent going to be getting more in either probably. the season is over for stores pretty much..

turboed13b 02-04-2009 06:39 PM

i guess i will keep them i'm liking them pretty far as in walkign around i haven't tried them on the board yet.

darkninja 02-04-2009 06:48 PM

Are you wearing your snowboarding socks or regular everyday ones? Since my snowboarding socks are a little bit thicker than my regular ones and make my boots feel fantastic as opposed to if i slide them on wearing regular old socks :p .

Technine Icon 02-04-2009 07:16 PM

I think u should ride with the boots first before u jump to any conclusions about the size. If it's a matter of being to big u can always wear a thicker sock. If u don't feel confident and comfortable in them after trying them out, then u should defenitly try another size because your boots are the most important piece of equipment and if they don't feel right, your riding will be off.

turboed13b 02-04-2009 11:22 PM

i was wearing regular socks my boarding socks are definatly thicker so it will help a little i'm just confused about the sizes because i usually wear 10 boots but the 10.5 is pretty snug do the boots range in different sizes like that?

RVM 02-05-2009 01:12 AM

Yes. The industry has rather low standards for deviation. It's the same as wearing a size 10 in one shoe brand then buying a different one and finding that you need a 10.5.

Quote:

Originally Posted by turboed13b (Post 122798)
i was wearing regular socks my boarding socks are definatly thicker so it will help a little i'm just confused about the sizes because i usually wear 10 boots but the 10.5 is pretty snug do the boots range in different sizes like that?