Did I make a mistake? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2009, 08:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Nutsymptom

Default Did I make a mistake?

Hi All,

I've been out of the snowboarding scene for a few years since I was essentially broke through college and I'm finally getting back into it this season. I obviously outgrew my old board so I did some research and got a trade-in deal at a local shop.

I bought a brand new setup:
159cm GNU CHB MTX board
Burton Mission bindings
DC Phase boots

I got the last board in stock and I picked it solely based on reviews I read on magnetraction on ice-coast slopes (I live in Jersey). My only concern is that I paid $400 for a board and I hope I'm not putting it to waste with cheaper bindings/boots.

Since I'm not going to be doing anything fancy yet or pushing for max performance I didn't want to break the bank too bad. The salesman is a friend of my girlfriends and a pretty avid boarder so I trust his opinion but I wanted to get some other opinions while I can still trade up if I want to.

I realize the boots/bindings aren't top notch and in fact fall more in the cheap-skate range but am I going to have real problems getting by for a few seasons with this gear? I also do like the toe-cap design on the bindings but I haven't really read anything that this design is superior to the standard.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2009, 11:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

bindings are overpriced burton crap (although wtf torstein uses missions)
cap is superior to traditional

boots are super soft and you haven't even worn them yet

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 11:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Rocketbass88

I actually really like Phases, and had the shop I bought my boots from had them in my size, I would have gotten them. I think you could have done more with your money when you got the Missions, but they're fine overall bindings. This stuff should hold up for a few seasons, don't sweat it at all. You've got a nice setup for sure.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:45 PM   #4 (permalink)

yeah you got raped to hell in a hand basket. if you paid 400 just for the board you are a retard it helps to shop around considering this.

Gnu Snowboard GNU CHB MTX Second Snowboard
Old 02-04-2009, 11:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

same as the above about the bindings, you could of gotten better but they will work fine.

i loved my dc phases, but they are more of a park boot for sure. a little soft for my liking but they were my first boot and i liked them. really comfy and durable and inexpensive..
Burton [ak] 2l Cyclic Jacket
Holden Northfield 3L pants
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 11:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
Rocketbass88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg Catcher View Post
yeah you got raped to hell in a hand basket. if you paid 400 just for the board you are a retard it helps to shop around considering this.

Gnu Snowboard GNU CHB MTX Second Snowboard
Are you kidding? First of all, that's a factory second board. Second, we don't know when the OP actually bought this stuff. If he bought it in October, that would be a HUGE difference than buying it last week. Also, nobody is selling boards as cheap as sierra right now.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:52 PM   #7 (permalink)

k first off there is nothing wrong with seconds except some cosmetic things, second if OP bought that early and is just now posting did he make a mistake there are bigger issues to discuss, third exactly right sierra has been selling cheap the past month so assuming that he bought within the last month shopping skills should be brushed up, seeing as the 200 saved on teh board he could have bought mid grade bindings and boots rather then posting about being cheap. while my post may seem abrasive if you look at it logically there is a lesson to be learned. so MR.20 posts fuck off.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
Rocketbass88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg Catcher View Post
k first off there is nothing wrong with seconds except some cosmetic things, second if OP bought that early and is just now posting did he make a mistake there are bigger issues to discuss, third exactly right sierra has been selling cheap the past month so assuming that he bought within the last month shopping skills should be brushed up, seeing as the 200 saved on teh board he could have bought mid grade bindings and boots rather then posting about being cheap. while my post may seem abrasive if you look at it logically there is a lesson to be learned. so MR.20 posts fuck off.
Are you always such a raging bitch? Jesus Christ, get off the rag. Let me just sink into that first part "Nothing wrong with seconds except cosmetics things"... ok, that is redundancy at it's best. "Nothing wrong with it except for what is wrong with it". Fact of the matter is, a factory second is ALWAYS going to be cheaper... if it wasn't, they wouldn't call it a second. Quit acting like your right all the time... you're the ONLY annoying member of this site that I have noticed yet. Maybe if you just went out and had some fun instead of trying to make yourself look all tough and cool on the internet, you wouldn't be such a stupid cunt. Good day.

One more thing... the fact that you brought up "post count" just shows that you REALLY are just trying to be an internet hero. Internet knowledge is not based on post count you stupid axe wound.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:00 AM   #9 (permalink)

yeah of course i am hello im going for 600 posts in under a month, and as far as the cosmetic defect i would ride a board with a fucked up graphic if i got it for nearly 200 cheaper then what someone else would pay for the board with a good graphic. Honestly if you are riding a board you are going to fuck up the base and the topsheet anyways so why would it matter. and third yes i am a raging bitch seeing as you have been stalking me around here i thought you would have known that by now. so why post about it, is the sky blue outside, are you a douche, are you a cock sucker, see how annoying that is when i fill a post will blatantly obvious topics.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:03 AM   #10 (permalink)
Rocketbass88

Well, now you're just rambling, so you obviously just want the last word. Have at it... almighty internet avenger.