ics est question - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2009, 10:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default ics est question

well i just bought an uninc 155 this season with sum triads est and i set up everything the way i wanted it, started to ride it felt great all day until the last couple of runs it just started to feel just a bit less responsive figured i was getting tired or sumthing but when i got home i noticed my bindings were pretty much out of position, angles were off by at least 3 degrees and the bindings were no longer centered on the board. i mean i tightened them down as much as i could, im 5'11" 200 lbs so im not exactly a small guy so i know those bolts were on good when i started riding.

is there a way to fix this problem or am i really just gunna have to retighten them like everytime i get down to the bottom.
slanteye is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2009, 11:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

tighten them like a man next time (w/ medium-strength loctite or permatex or similar)

if they still slide around then it will be clear to you that ICS is only for lighter riders

is your hardware 09 or 08?

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 03:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
rayray780

make sure to use a Phillips head #3 too. they will give you the most torque and won't strip your screw heads. and just crank on them till they're nice and tight.

-rayray
Old 02-05-2009, 04:24 PM   #4 (permalink)

My main fear with a board that uses a channel system to secure the binding to the board is that if they ever got a little loose the bindings would move around on me. Thats why i will never move away from good old standard insert holes .

Yeah though tighten those things down tight. Maybe even check them during the middle of the day, like lunch time.
darkninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 05:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
dave_o

this new system that burton has seems kinda of pointless, you know what they say if it aint broke dont fix it.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:28 PM   #6 (permalink)

well considering i grew up in a family of mechanics and we do own our own repair shop i assure u i was using the right screw driver i almost broke out the impact wrench lol talked myself outa it. loctite was of course my first thought but almost having do not use loctite stamp pretty much everywhere i was a bit weary of using it tho sum blue couldnt hurt. i am starting to think itz the weight maybe i should just lose 30 lbs so i can ride better hahah

o and to answer legallyillegal everything is 09
slanteye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
fuzzysnowboard

I'm just wondering but do ICS boards bindings always losen up?
Old 02-06-2009, 11:30 AM   #8 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

the previous hardware had problems, but the 09 hardware will be unable to fix the major problem of ICS (in that it's a crap system)

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:19 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by legallyillegal View Post
the previous hardware had problems, but the 09 hardware will be unable to fix the major problem of ICS (in that it's a crap system)
So what your saying is ICS really stands for Its a Crap System .
darkninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 04:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
zackoz

Cant understand why so many people are hard on Burton, im sure you havent all riden the ICS system.
I use the ICS/EST system with EST sole boots.
at first my bindings would loosen up, its not hard to tighten them up at lunch, then your set for the rest of the day, isnt that like everything new??
after about 1 week, my bindings dont move, at all, and i love the est system, personally now i wouldnt go back to the old system, i know this limits me to burton, and there out there prices
i ride a 151 custom, with cartel est binding, ozone boot.

just hang in there. mine did the same, then stopped, mind you it is 09, but a nut and bolt is just a nut and bolt.
i was skeptical on the system at first, i am a walking burton billboard, as in Australia, its the only brand which all there range is carried, its hard for me to find what i want in other brands.