Under Armour balaclava - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2009, 11:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Under Armour balaclava

So I was gonna buy an Under Armour balaclava last week but couldn't find one. So I ended up getting an Under Armour face/neck shield instead. It's pretty similar to the balaclava except it doesn't cover the top of the head. One problem I noticed with it is it smashes my nose, so I end up having to pull it down just under the nose. This leaves only the tip of my nose exposed from the face mask, my goggles, and hat. It looks kinda funny. Anyway just wanting to see if anyone here has the balaclava, If so does it smash the nose at all? I wanna pick one up but not if its gonna be the same as the face shield one. Thanx
generik777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2009, 11:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

I too tried the Under Armour one and had the same problem with "nose smash". I have one that is Seirus brand. It's nice because it's not too thick on the head, so it doesn't change helmet size, but it is fleece thickness around the neck. I also like how it's loose around the neck and chin rather than tight like a true balaclava. Oh yeah and there's no nose smash.

Here's the link to the same one I have. Seirus Thick-N-Thin Headliner at REI.com
ThugHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 06:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
snowboardr4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThugHunter View Post
I too tried the Under Armour one and had the same problem with "nose smash". I have one that is Seirus brand. It's nice because it's not too thick on the head, so it doesn't change helmet size, but it is fleece thickness around the neck. I also like how it's loose around the neck and chin rather than tight like a true balaclava. Oh yeah and there's no nose smash.

Here's the link to the same one I have. Seirus Thick-N-Thin Headliner at REI.com
I just wear the seirus combo clava. Here's the link:Face Masks, Seirus Combo Clava Buckmans Ski & Snowboard Shop - Burton Snowboards, Spyder, Kjus Jackets, K2 skis
I think its better because it doesnt fog up as much and its easier to breathe through. It doesn't give me a nose bridge problem either