Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   LF: Fast groomer board (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/127737-lf-fast-groomer-board.html)

Bertieman 02-13-2014 01:18 PM

LF: Fast groomer board
 
I am having trouble finding a wide board that fits me. 5"9, 165 lbs, 12 boot.

I'm assuming a pure nuking, packed groomer board would be directional, wide, and either 157 or 158 cm for me? Magnetraction would be ideal, because I come across ice often being on the east coast, huh?

Thanks for any advice :thumbsup:

KellionBane 02-13-2014 01:30 PM

Sounds like you want a Lib Tech Hot Knife, but at your weight you're going to have a hard time making it flex... They don't come in wide. The 159 has a width of 25.5 cm (10 inches or so), so you'll probably be able to get on it, depending on your stance angle, and your boots... Might have, at most, half an inch over hang on each side.

Bertieman 02-13-2014 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KellionBane (Post 1534409)
Sounds like you want a Lib Tech Hot Knife, but at your weight you're going to have a hard time making it flex... They don't come in wide. The 159 has a width of 25.5 cm (10 inches or so), so you'll probably be able to get on it, depending on your stance angle, and your boots... Might have, at most, half an inch over hang on each side.

I've looked up, and still don't understand, waist width. Right now I have a 155 burton flying v with a 256 mm "waist width". Could you explain?

And the hot knife is what I've been eye balling, but like you said it isn't in wide..so I've been back to browsing.

Alkasquawlik 02-13-2014 01:47 PM

Capita NAS.

Shredtastic 02-13-2014 01:48 PM

waist width is is the size of the the "wideness" of the Board !

...look for the 157 Travis Rice and a stiffer binding ! The T.Rice itself has a wider waist and is good for going fast down groomers !

linvillegorge 02-13-2014 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bertieman (Post 1534465)
I've looked up, and still don't understand, waist width. Right now I have a 155 burton flying v with a 256 mm "waist width". Could you explain?

And the hot knife is what I've been eye balling, but like you said it isn't in wide..so I've been back to browsing.

The waist width is the width of the board at it's narrowest point. For your size and what you're wanting to do, I'd probably be looking at something around a 156W.

Bertieman 02-13-2014 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik (Post 1534481)
Capita NAS.

Checking it out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shredtastic (Post 1534489)
waist width is is the size of the the "wideness" of the Board !

...look for the 157 Travis Rice and a stiffer binding ! The T.Rice itself has a wider waist and is good for going fast down groomers !

This is the board that caught my eye - http://www.evo.com/snowboards/lib-te...oard-blem.aspx
But isn't a true twin more directed for park and such?
Now I understand it doesn't necessarily have to say "wide" to have my proper waist width. Cause my flying v is "wide" and 256 mm and it has about half an inch on each side, which I think is ideal eh?

Quote:

Originally Posted by linvillegorge (Post 1534497)
The waist width is the width of the board at it's narrowest point. For your size and what you're wanting to do, I'd probably be looking at something around a 156W.

Thanks for the knowledge, makes sense now hah. And my current one is a 155 wide, which I'd consider my all mountain. So I'm thinking 157 would be good for just groomers and trails.

Nivek 02-13-2014 04:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
So far the NAS is the only good recommendation. Why would he benefit more from a true twin than a directional being that hes blasting groomers?

Salomon Mans Board, Flow Blackout, Yes PYL, Ride Berzerker, K2 Slayblade, Burton Custom Camber or X, Jones Flagship, Rossi One Mag, or a Burton Juice Wagon.

You dont NEED magne if you're buying a stiffer carving board. The stiffness and aggressive sidecut should be plenty.

Lamps 02-13-2014 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nivek (Post 1535289)

You dont NEED magne if you're buying a stiffer carving board. The stiffness and aggressive sidecut should be plenty.

And sharp edges

wrathfuldeity 02-13-2014 05:31 PM

if attacking groomers...stay with camber and think about a larger radius depending on the tightness of the turns you would be making.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2