LF: Fast groomer board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2014, 12:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: New England
Posts: 112
Default LF: Fast groomer board

I am having trouble finding a wide board that fits me. 5"9, 165 lbs, 12 boot.

I'm assuming a pure nuking, packed groomer board would be directional, wide, and either 157 or 158 cm for me? Magnetraction would be ideal, because I come across ice often being on the east coast, huh?

Thanks for any advice
Bertieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-13-2014, 12:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
KellionBane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 61
Default

Sounds like you want a Lib Tech Hot Knife, but at your weight you're going to have a hard time making it flex... They don't come in wide. The 159 has a width of 25.5 cm (10 inches or so), so you'll probably be able to get on it, depending on your stance angle, and your boots... Might have, at most, half an inch over hang on each side.
KellionBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 12:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: New England
Posts: 112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellionBane View Post
Sounds like you want a Lib Tech Hot Knife, but at your weight you're going to have a hard time making it flex... They don't come in wide. The 159 has a width of 25.5 cm (10 inches or so), so you'll probably be able to get on it, depending on your stance angle, and your boots... Might have, at most, half an inch over hang on each side.
I've looked up, and still don't understand, waist width. Right now I have a 155 burton flying v with a 256 mm "waist width". Could you explain?

And the hot knife is what I've been eye balling, but like you said it isn't in wide..so I've been back to browsing.
Bertieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 12:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Alkasquawlik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: la bella vita
Posts: 582
Default

Capita NAS.
__________________
www.heckler.com
"I'm only here for the apres"
Alkasquawlik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 12:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 23
Default

waist width is is the size of the the "wideness" of the Board !

...look for the 157 Travis Rice and a stiffer binding ! The T.Rice itself has a wider waist and is good for going fast down groomers !
Shredtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 12:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
linvillegorge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Evergreen, CO
Posts: 6,480
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertieman View Post
I've looked up, and still don't understand, waist width. Right now I have a 155 burton flying v with a 256 mm "waist width". Could you explain?

And the hot knife is what I've been eye balling, but like you said it isn't in wide..so I've been back to browsing.
The waist width is the width of the board at it's narrowest point. For your size and what you're wanting to do, I'd probably be looking at something around a 156W.
__________________
"People say that marijuana smoking is going to get in the way of my career. I say to them that on the contrary, my fighting career is getting in the way of my marijuana smoking." -Nick Diaz
linvillegorge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 01:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: New England
Posts: 112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
Capita NAS.
Checking it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredtastic View Post
waist width is is the size of the the "wideness" of the Board !

...look for the 157 Travis Rice and a stiffer binding ! The T.Rice itself has a wider waist and is good for going fast down groomers !
This is the board that caught my eye - http://www.evo.com/snowboards/lib-te...oard-blem.aspx
But isn't a true twin more directed for park and such?
Now I understand it doesn't necessarily have to say "wide" to have my proper waist width. Cause my flying v is "wide" and 256 mm and it has about half an inch on each side, which I think is ideal eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by linvillegorge View Post
The waist width is the width of the board at it's narrowest point. For your size and what you're wanting to do, I'd probably be looking at something around a 156W.
Thanks for the knowledge, makes sense now hah. And my current one is a 155 wide, which I'd consider my all mountain. So I'm thinking 157 would be good for just groomers and trails.
Bertieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 03:11 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Nivek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mountains of Mordor
Posts: 6,378
Default

So far the NAS is the only good recommendation. Why would he benefit more from a true twin than a directional being that hes blasting groomers?

Salomon Mans Board, Flow Blackout, Yes PYL, Ride Berzerker, K2 Slayblade, Burton Custom Camber or X, Jones Flagship, Rossi One Mag, or a Burton Juice Wagon.

You dont NEED magne if you're buying a stiffer carving board. The stiffness and aggressive sidecut should be plenty.
__________________
Snowboarding Is...

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 03:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,381
Blog Entries: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post

You dont NEED magne if you're buying a stiffer carving board. The stiffness and aggressive sidecut should be plenty.
And sharp edges
Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 04:31 PM   #10 (permalink)
Resident poet
 
wrathfuldeity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bham
Posts: 3,820
Default

if attacking groomers...stay with camber and think about a larger radius depending on the tightness of the turns you would be making.
__________________
wrathfuldeity is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:58 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums