Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Exposed binding holes (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/12793-exposed-binding-holes.html)

lasse.j5 02-05-2009 09:20 AM

Exposed binding holes

Hello.

The most inner binding holes on my Atomic Hatchet board are exposed due to the bindings being mounted quite wide. Will this be a problem when snow is clogging up in the holes. Will it rust?

Is it posible to get some kind of plasticcaps to fill up the holes?

Thanks

sgauto08 02-05-2009 09:25 AM

I don't have a problem with it mine are the same all you pretty much can do is just dry it off when your done boarding

DC5R 02-05-2009 10:20 AM

My previous board had some of the mounting holes exposed as well. Rode the board for two years without it ever rusting. Just take your board inside, lean it on its side to dry out.

Vlaze 02-05-2009 11:55 AM

The inserts I believe are stainless steel in mass majority which means, rust free.

lasse.j5 02-06-2009 02:43 AM

That sounds good.

Thanks everyone

legallyillegal 02-06-2009 11:23 AM

If you're completely anal about snow getting into binding holes, you can get grub screws.

authenticK 12-02-2012 12:38 PM

just got a 2013 honeypot demo shipped to me and some of the binding inserts have rust in them.person i bought from is saying it doesn't matter but will accept return if i want too.anyone have opinion on this as none my previous boards have ever had rust in the inserts even after years of riding. this was closest topic i could find so i figured id post in this instead of making new thread

alaric 12-02-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by authenticK (Post 546480)
just got a 2013 honeypot demo shipped to me and some of the binding inserts have rust in them.person i bought from is saying it doesn't matter but will accept return if i want too.anyone have opinion on this as none my previous boards have ever had rust in the inserts even after years of riding. this was closest topic i could find so i figured id post in this instead of making new thread

how deep is the rust? is it just superficial and not deep or is it deep, embedded rust?

Donutz 12-02-2012 01:12 PM

Also, is the rust in the binding inserts that you want to use? If so, can you work it out by bolting/unbolting a few times?

Honestly, if it's positions you'll never use I'd just clean it, wd-40 it, and not worry. You'll replace the board before the rust will do any damage to the board itself. (Unless you're planning on re-selling it someday?)

If it's positions you need and you can't clean it out, the board is a doorstop and should be returned asap.

authenticK 12-02-2012 01:49 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by alaric (Post 546485)
how deep is the rust? is it just superficial and not deep or is it deep, embedded rust?

added some pics of the rust. tryed to get better pics but battery died when ever i had flash on
Quote:

Originally Posted by Donutz (Post 546495)
Also, is the rust in the binding inserts that you want to use? If so, can you work it out by bolting/unbolting a few times?

Honestly, if it's positions you'll never use I'd just clean it, wd-40 it, and not worry. You'll replace the board before the rust will do any damage to the board itself. (Unless you're planning on re-selling it someday?)

If it's positions you need and you can't clean it out, the board is a doorstop and should be returned asap.

some of the positions with rust i do plan on using but yea tryed bolting unbolting few times removed tiny bit but majority still there, should i try wd40 on those or no