Exposed binding holes - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2009, 10:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
lasse.j5
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Exposed binding holes

Hello.

The most inner binding holes on my Atomic Hatchet board are exposed due to the bindings being mounted quite wide. Will this be a problem when snow is clogging up in the holes. Will it rust?

Is it posible to get some kind of plasticcaps to fill up the holes?

Thanks
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-05-2009, 10:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
sgauto08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: ...at my house... duh
Posts: 121
Default

I don't have a problem with it mine are the same all you pretty much can do is just dry it off when your done boarding
sgauto08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 11:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,610
Default

My previous board had some of the mounting holes exposed as well. Rode the board for two years without it ever rusting. Just take your board inside, lean it on its side to dry out.
DC5R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 12:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Vlaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Varies
Posts: 1,173
Default

The inserts I believe are stainless steel in mass majority which means, rust free.
__________________
Government - If you think the problems they created are bad, just wait until you see their solutions.

Screw being normal
Vlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 03:43 AM   #5 (permalink)
lasse.j5
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

That sounds good.

Thanks everyone
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
legallyillegal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: fuck Snowboarding
Posts: 4,477
Default

If you're completely anal about snow getting into binding holes, you can get grub screws.
__________________
THERE ARE SPECIFIC REASONS AS TO WHY I AM MORE LOCAL THAN YOU

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NNY
Posts: 3
Default

just got a 2013 honeypot demo shipped to me and some of the binding inserts have rust in them.person i bought from is saying it doesn't matter but will accept return if i want too.anyone have opinion on this as none my previous boards have ever had rust in the inserts even after years of riding. this was closest topic i could find so i figured id post in this instead of making new thread
authenticK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned Bananas [national phenomenon]
 
alaric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: CNY
Posts: 1,783
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by authenticK View Post
just got a 2013 honeypot demo shipped to me and some of the binding inserts have rust in them.person i bought from is saying it doesn't matter but will accept return if i want too.anyone have opinion on this as none my previous boards have ever had rust in the inserts even after years of riding. this was closest topic i could find so i figured id post in this instead of making new thread
how deep is the rust? is it just superficial and not deep or is it deep, embedded rust?
__________________
life IS good.


alaric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
Drunk with power...er beer.
 
Donutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 4,694
Blog Entries: 223
Default

Also, is the rust in the binding inserts that you want to use? If so, can you work it out by bolting/unbolting a few times?

Honestly, if it's positions you'll never use I'd just clean it, wd-40 it, and not worry. You'll replace the board before the rust will do any damage to the board itself. (Unless you're planning on re-selling it someday?)

If it's positions you need and you can't clean it out, the board is a doorstop and should be returned asap.
__________________

INNUENDO:
Italian enema.
Donutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NNY
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaric View Post
how deep is the rust? is it just superficial and not deep or is it deep, embedded rust?
added some pics of the rust. tryed to get better pics but battery died when ever i had flash on
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donutz View Post
Also, is the rust in the binding inserts that you want to use? If so, can you work it out by bolting/unbolting a few times?

Honestly, if it's positions you'll never use I'd just clean it, wd-40 it, and not worry. You'll replace the board before the rust will do any damage to the board itself. (Unless you're planning on re-selling it someday?)

If it's positions you need and you can't clean it out, the board is a doorstop and should be returned asap.
some of the positions with rust i do plan on using but yea tryed bolting unbolting few times removed tiny bit but majority still there, should i try wd40 on those or no
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2173.JPG (189.7 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2174.jpg (84.0 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2179.JPG (182.7 KB, 26 views)
authenticK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:53 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums