neversummer titan?? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2009, 10:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
dave_o

Default neversummer titan??

ok guess im looking purchasing the never summer titan for next year. i think it is gonna be the best choicee for me. any ways im going to be boarding in niseko japan, and gulmarg india, both have lots of powder. i am 5`5 155lbs 9.5 boot. ns titan comes in 156, 160,164, 169. what size should i get, i like the feel of a shorter board. also i am gonna need some new bindings too so what one for this board do you recommend, i want something thats easy to strap in.
thanks dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2009, 11:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_o View Post
ok guess im looking purchasing the never summer titan for next year. i think it is gonna be the best choicee for me. any ways im going to be boarding in niseko japan, and gulmarg india, both have lots of powder. i am 5`5 155lbs 9.5 boot. ns titan comes in 156, 160,164, 169. what size should i get, i like the feel of a shorter board. also i am gonna need some new bindings too so what one for this board do you recommend, i want something thats easy to strap in.
thanks dave
I've got a Titan. You can search posts here for 'Titan' and find some reviews. There are impressions here and here. The author of the post on the second link did an in-depth review of it on the same forum, but I couldn't find it.

First, if you're not at least an intermediate boarder, don't get the Titan. It will eat you for breakfast.

Second, if you're anything but a freerider/big mountain type of guy who likes to go really fast, don't get the Titan.

Third, obviously get the 156 if you like a shorter board.

Fourth, if you're spending this kind of money on NS's top of the line board, don't cheap out on the bindings or the boots, get top of the line ones as well. If you go economy on either one, you won't get everything you can out of it.
MunkySpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 11:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
dave_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunkySpunk View Post
I've got a Titan. You can search posts here for 'Titan' and find some reviews. There are impressions here and here. The author of the post on the second link did an in-depth review of it on the same forum, but I couldn't find it.

First, if you're not at least an intermediate boarder, don't get the Titan. It will eat you for breakfast.

Second, if you're anything but a freerider/big mountain type of guy who likes to go really fast, don't get the Titan.

Third, obviously get the 156 if you like a shorter board.

Fourth, if you're spending this kind of money on NS's top of the line board, don't cheap out on the bindings or the boots, get top of the line ones as well. If you go economy on either one, you won't get everything you can out of it.
yeah im an intermediate boarder, i have been snowboarding for about 4 years. but i have been using mostly begginerboards, so this will be my first advanced board.

2nd. yeah all i ride is the mountain, i dont go in to the parks, i love doing natural jumps and going off cliffs ect.

4th. what type of bindings do you recommend, i have been using the same bindings since i started snowboarding, some burtons, customs i think. i bought some burton ion boots this season, so what bindings do you recommend around 250$
Old 02-05-2009, 11:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

just curious, why do beginner/ intermediate riders have a hard time with these high end board that have these dif features like rocker/camber and such?
Old 02-05-2009, 11:42 AM   #5 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

didnt mean to thread-jack.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:48 AM   #6 (permalink)
RVM
Veteran Member

Mostly just because of the stiffness of the boards. Also they can go pretty fast sometimes, and the faster you go the harder you have to work. Stiffness + speed requires good control of the board, and that includes the strength and endurance to handle it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom88 View Post
just curious, why do beginner/ intermediate riders have a hard time with these high end board that have these dif features like rocker/camber and such?
RVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 11:56 AM   #7 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

gotcha, so if i learned on a nitro magnum 168, would theoretically be able to handle one of those "advanced" boards?
Old 02-05-2009, 12:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The titan isn't advanced because of the rocker or anything like that, it's advanced because it's a super stiff cruise missle designed to bomb the steepest deepest lines you can throw at it. It takes a lot of effort to get it to do what you want and is very unforgiving due to it's stiffness and sidecut.

If you can ride a Magnum 168 you would be able to ride the Titan for sure but it's definitely stiffer and faster than the Magnum.

The other features you're talking about like rocker and magnetraction are available on all types of boards and they actually make riding easier for people...
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 12:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Titan isn't rocker.
MunkySpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 12:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunkySpunk View Post
Titan isn't rocker.
That's what I was trying to say in so many words
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote