Your Dream Snowboard Set-up - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2007, 06:04 PM   #11 (permalink)
djcuba908

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.stark
Um ok. If you think that one technology will do the job for you...well then good for you. I'm just trying to tell the thread creator not to be closed minded because of looks OR a single technology that a LOT of companies use.
Gore-Tex does do it all, thats why I mentioned it and why I use it...before snowboarding I was into backpacking and mountaineering and have been through whiteouts and downpours atop the Catskills and Blue Mountains and always stayed dry with Gore-Tex: dryness = staying warm, so that's why I'm so bent on it. I could be wearing shorts underneath my Gore-Tex shell pants and get away with staying warm for most of the season where I ride (although I wouldn't recommended it outside of NJ/PA haha). The fact that a lot of companies use Gore-Tex is proof of its performance. Besides, this thread is about YOUR dream set-up, so yours will obviously be different than mine. I'm not trying to tell anyone what to buy, just letting them know what I've used and what works for me. Let me have my dream!

Oh, in regards to lookin' pimp...I couldn't give 2 shits about what other people think, I just like looking good for myself. Trust me, I've boarded enough to know that what you wear doesn't mean jack if you can't ride, and I ride often. Even if no one was at the mountain I'd still keep it fly.

Last edited by djcuba908; 10-15-2007 at 06:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2007, 06:16 PM   #12 (permalink)
st.stark

Alright. Well kool. I know Gore-Tex is good stuff, I just don't know if it would be in my dream setup, but as you say it is everyone's own dream! Also it's good to hear that you only care what you think cause I think that's a problem with this sport is that it seems that a lot of riders care too much about being kool and what other think...
Old 10-15-2007, 10:02 PM   #13 (permalink)
yachattack

hey thanks for input...i was looking up rome because i had never heard of it. are they better than burton? cuz im trying to decide between burton and rome now. i really want some others opinions too. but gor tex sounds good, im all about staying dry!!!!
Old 10-15-2007, 10:09 PM   #14 (permalink)
st.stark

Hm...that is going to be a real debate around this forum. lol But from what I know both Burton and Rome have great high end boards if you spend a lot of money. But, if we are talking more budget board wise I would go with Rome over Burton. That's just my personal preference though...
Old 10-15-2007, 10:52 PM   #15 (permalink)

Money wise...you get more bang for your buck with Rome.
boarderaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 11:34 PM   #16 (permalink)
djcuba908

Dude, I never said I don't care about what people think...in my first post I simply stated the stuff that I like, and you decided to pick it apart for all that was wrong with it. This thread is all about stating what YOU like in YOUR dream set-up...I'm not putting down any other gear. There are tons of choices for gear out there, and I don't hate on anything. When I said I don't care about what other's think, I was referring to my style of gear, not about the sport in general...stop the hating!
Old 10-16-2007, 12:46 AM   #17 (permalink)
be@nieG!rl

With your outerwear, if you look for 10,000+ for both breathability and waterproofing you are going to be fine with your purchases buddy!
Old 10-16-2007, 01:49 PM   #18 (permalink)
st.stark

Dude. I'm not hating on you at all. I just was trying to make it so you could be clear about what you're saying...so excuse me. lol I think we just had a misunderstanding. I'm going to stop replying to this thread now and not talk about this anymore and I hope you decide to do the same...