Your Dream Snowboard Set-up - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2007, 05:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
yachattack

Default Your Dream Snowboard Set-up

let me restart here, , I weigh 180 pounds, 6 feet tall on the dot, and have been snowboarding for about 2 years. i like to do jumps (or at least try without falling on my ass), go on rails, and am pretty aggresive.

My question to you all is, if you could choose any set-up (stating brand and model), including; snowboard, bindings, boots, and snow gear like a coat, what would you buy and why? keep in mind money is no object when answering this question.

I was leaning towards the new X8 from burton and some burton boots. but im not sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2007, 06:00 PM   #2 (permalink)

Boots wise, but what your feet like. And you should look at boards like the Atomic Alibi or Rome Agent, paired with Union Data's/Forces, or Rome 390's/Arsenals.
boarderaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 06:03 PM   #3 (permalink)

I also locked the other thread, since it's redundant to have two of the same topic...
Old 10-14-2007, 06:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
st.stark

Hm...I would buy a Rome Agent with Rome Targa bindings. I would also buy some Forum destroyer boots. ^^ I'm not sure about clothing though...
Old 10-14-2007, 06:27 PM   #5 (permalink)

Oi. Outerwear wise, Sessions is rocking my socks right now. Just make sure it has the proper tech ratings.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned Bananas [national phenomenon]

Quote:
Originally Posted by boarderaholic
Oi. Outerwear wise, Sessions is rocking my socks right now. Just make sure it has the proper tech ratings.

Sessions gear has been treating me really well. Love that stuff. Great prices, great tech, great quality.

alaric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 09:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
djcuba908

Lib Tech Travis Rice MTX 157 OR Lib Tech TRS w/ Bananna Technology & MTX 159

Burton Cartel Bindings

Burton Hail boots

For outerwear, anything with Gore-Tex is sufficient in my opinion. But for style, I rock Neff and Grenade shirts and hoodys...riding in Jersey is all about lookin' pimp.

Last edited by djcuba908; 10-14-2007 at 09:18 PM.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
st.stark

I say looking good is only a minor thing in what you wear. Most important undoubtedly is HOW WELL it works in keeping you warm, dry, and comfortable. "lookin' pimp" is definately second to PRACTICALITY!! IMO anyone who thinks differently doesn't really board all that much or is seriously way too concerned about what complete strangers think! LOL

edit* Oh, and this is especially true if you are spending a lot of money! When clothing is cheap they are a lot more comparable quality wise. If you are looking at more expensive stuff make sure you aren't buying only based on looks and what brand they are!
Old 10-15-2007, 07:07 AM   #9 (permalink)
djcuba908

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.stark
I say looking good is only a minor thing in what you wear. Most important undoubtedly is HOW WELL it works in keeping you warm, dry, and comfortable. "lookin' pimp" is definately second to PRACTICALITY!! IMO anyone who thinks differently doesn't really board all that much or is seriously way too concerned about what complete strangers think! LOL

edit* Oh, and this is especially true if you are spending a lot of money! When clothing is cheap they are a lot more comparable quality wise. If you are looking at more expensive stuff make sure you aren't buying only based on looks and what brand they are!
Errrrr that's why I said I use Gore-Tex as my outer layer, soooooo I am definitely concerned about practicality. But practicality won't do me jack sh*t when I'm kickin' one back at "mohogany ridge" (aka the bar).
Old 10-15-2007, 01:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
st.stark

Um ok. If you think that one technology will do the job for you...well then good for you. I'm just trying to tell the thread creator not to be closed minded because of looks OR a single technology that a LOT of companies use.