Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Your thoughts about a 1995 Burton Air... (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/128097-your-thoughts-about-1995-burton-air.html)

toball 02-15-2014 09:37 AM

Your thoughts about a 1995 Burton Air...

1 Attachment(s)
Is the board design just too dated to be useful for a beginner? I notice that the rear is not fully radiused...it's squared off. I can get one in great shape for $60 with bindings, but that's $60 wasted if a newer board (even a cheapie) is miles ahead of the 1995 in terms of design and rideability...thanks. Attached is a photo of the model I'm considering.

Riley212 02-15-2014 05:44 PM

if you have no other options it is a snowboard and will slide down the hill. if you have newer options go for those, this is a 20 year old antique.

BurtonAvenger 02-15-2014 06:06 PM

That's like asking yourself if you want to drive a 96 Subaru Outback or a 2006. Obviously the 2006 is going to be better.

timmytard 02-16-2014 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riley212 (Post 1540561)
if you have no other options it is a snowboard and will slide down the hill. if you have newer options go for those, this is a 20 year old antique.

You are exactly right:icon_scratch:

It's a 20 year old or so antique:huh:

Buy it, don't ride it.

Put it on Ebay, sell it & buy yourself a much better board:thumbsup:

Or maybe you can find someone who will trade you a newer deck for it?

Don't think it can happen:dunno:

I'm in Vancouver Canada, I had a K2 Shawn Farmer deck(not quite as old as that one) on craigslist for $50

Someone that lives in Colorado got a hold of me. He bought & traded me a 2011 Never Summer deck, paid to ship it to Vancouver, then he paid to have mine shipped to him.

Sounds a little like bull shit eh?

Turns out. The BurtonAvenger actually knows the guy who bought it.

It ain't bull shit.:eusa_clap:

Actually BA, I've been trying to get a hold of Gary. Do you see him, or are you able to relay a message to him?

If so can you get him to email me.
I'm pretty sure I have his number somewhere buried in a thousand emails, but it'll take forever to find it.

Thank you

TT

Dago91 02-16-2014 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toball (Post 1539801)
Is the board design just too dated to be useful for a beginner? I notice that the rear is not fully radiused...it's squared off. I can get one in great shape for $60 with bindings, but that's $60 wasted if a newer board (even a cheapie) is miles ahead of the 1995 in terms of design and rideability...thanks. Attached is a photo of the model I'm considering.

I think the question here is how much of a beginner are you? I mean if you just started and can't link a turn DO NOT spend $500 plus on a new setup that you may or may not use.

For $60 bucks if the burton and bindings are in good shape then get it.. learn on it and at the end of the season you progressed and got better buy a new setup from backcountry or local shop after April when it gets cheap.