Park Board for Heavy Rider - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2014, 10:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
BMP

Default Park Board for Heavy Rider

Hey there,

I hope you can help me, because I didnt get any advice in german boarding forums. I am an advanced rider when it comes too courses, but a newbi in the park. This winter I spent 2 days in the park so far, but I think that is the place I want to spent my time in the future.

As a teenager I was really into skateboarding and I always prefered flatlandtricks and rails. The 2 days in the park I ended up with some board, tail- and noseslides and 360 from really small kickers, to be honest I am really afraid of the big ones.

So actually I am looking for an softflex, easy to turn board which I can use on tables, rails, small kickers. I also want to learn those awesome flatland tricks ( buttering etc). I spent some time on the courses as well, but not going fast. I am looking for some spots at the side for some 180 and so on.

Weight: approximately 220 pounds
Height: 183cm/6 Feet
boot size: uk 11/12 us 11,5/12,5

The boards which came to my mind where the following:

skate banana 156wide/159wide
ride Crook 157 161 wide
Rome garage rocker 160wide

or one of the bataleons, maybe
Bataleon evil twin 156wide
Bataleon Boss 156wide
Bataleon Whatever 157 wide

I am not sure if these boards fit my needs, whether which is the right size according to my weight. The sizes mentioned are those which are available in my country and on sale.

Thanks in advance!
BMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2014, 10:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
Banned!

At your weight I think you are looking at the right size and type of board...instead of a pure park noodle, u are gonna want a more "all-mountain" flex for your weight...and those sizes...156ish sounds perfect for a little park skate deck for you.

I don't love any of your selections but not sure what is available to you. Nothing wrong with your picks, I think they are on the right track, I'm just not attracted to any of those boards, and I've only owned the EvilTwin.

some options I do like:

Arbor Blacklist (midwide board perfect for your semi-large feets)
k2 Happy Hour
NS Proto
Salomon Assassin
Jones Mountain Twin

with 11.5 u probably don't need a wide for a park deck (no deep carves) but if you are wearing 12.5s...probably look at wides.....
Old 02-15-2014, 10:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
BMP

Those boards mentioned are pretty popular over here, so they came to my mind at first. There are so many boards out there, you have to start with some.
I will get some information about the boards you mentioned.

Wide or not? It looks like I made a mistake. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ult-de.svg.png My european size is between 45-46, my nike free are an Us 12 but anyway, I have to buy some new boots as well, so I will see with which boots/size I will end up.

Lots of boards are on sale, especially the wide ones. For example Skate tech banana for $255 instead of the regular $356. But those shops only have one or two of those boards left. So in generally, are there any disadvantages picking a wide one?

Last edited by BMP; 02-15-2014 at 11:04 AM.
Old 02-15-2014, 12:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned!

the biggest drawback to a wide board is that it is slower edge to edge. the rule of thumb is: don't ride a wide if u dont have to. caveat: park riding not so critical for this issue.

for a dedicated park stick I think you can err on either side with little consequence. Ride a reg width board with size 12 boots and some "generous" overhang that won't really matter cuz you arent deep carving....OR.....ride a wide with size 11's and lose some edge to edge response, again not the biggest deal for park riding.

reasoning for deck insults

-hated my ET
-no interest in sk8nanner
-ride/rome have yet to interest me in the last 5 years.

Last edited by snowklinger; 02-15-2014 at 12:02 PM.
snowklinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 10:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
BMP

What was wrong about your Evil Twin?
Old 02-17-2014, 01:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

K2 Fastplant, Flow Era, Salomon Assassin, Burton Superhero 154, Signal Park Camber, Yes Jackpot, Bataleon Boss, or a Nitro Swindle. All around that 156-58w (except the Flow, the 58 reg is plenty wide enough).

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote