Union Force binding toe strap problem - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2009, 02:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
MAPster

Default Union Force binding toe strap problem

Got my new bindings and mounted them on my new board and wouldn't you know it the freaking ratchet on the toes strap immediately pops off. I tried screwing it back in but it seems like the screw holding the ratchet on is too small. I have emailed the company but I was just wondering if this has happened to anybody else?

Also, I am going boarding this week-end so I need a solution. Is it possible to use a toe strap from a different manufacturer? If so, do they sell them at board shops?

I have a set of Ride bindings coming tomorrow (I hope). I was planning on returning them but now I am wondering if I should keep them. I could use them until I get a replacement strap from Union and then keep them as back-ups. My wife is already planning on killing me for spending money on this stuff, this would only accelerate her plans.

MAP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2009, 12:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
MAPster

Just wanted to bump this up. Has anyone had a positive experience with Union's customer service? Its funny I cant find many complaints about the bindings themselves but I can find plenty of complaints about their service.

I will give them more time to get back to me but in th mean time should I try to go through Sierra Snowboards (thats where I got them)?
Old 02-06-2009, 12:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I would definitely call Sierra, especially if you haven't ridden them yet. I have Union Data's but haven't had any issues with them that required me to go through customer service so I can't comment on that part.
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 01:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
MAPster

Well Sierra took care of me. Great customer support, very quick to reply. They didn't have any replacemnet straps so they will send me a return shipping label and send me out a new set as soon as I ship them back. Hopefully ther Ride bindings will show up today.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:13 PM   #5 (permalink)

can the union force toe straps be used as capstraps? just wondering...
Old 02-09-2009, 05:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
MAPster

Yes, it has a convetible strap.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:53 PM   #7 (permalink)

cool, but i've heard of some slippage issues? is there anything i can do to fix this, or get the best out of these bindings? (i'm planning on getting them soon)
Old 02-09-2009, 07:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
MAPster

Well mine broke before I had a chance to use them so I can offer no help there.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondCarver View Post
cool, but i've heard of some slippage issues? is there anything i can do to fix this, or get the best out of these bindings? (i'm planning on getting them soon)
I have both the new and old styles of Union toe straps and I've never had any issues with slippage. But my boot has a perfect cap to it that really works well with the strap in the cap position. I suspect it has something to do with boot compatibility.
Extremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:37 AM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I have the slippage issue...it's mostly a problem on boots with a very rounded toe box like my Nitro MFM's. I think I'm gonna put a strip of friction tape on the inside of the strap or something like to help stop it from slipping. Even with the slippage they are still my favorite bindings in my quiver and use them on my everyday board so although somewhat annoying it's definitely not terrible
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote