The usual: Please help me choose a board! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2014, 09:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default The usual: Please help me choose a board!

Hey ladies and fellas, I'm trying to pick a board. This is my first board, as I've always rented in the past. I'd probably rate myself as a pretty much mid-level intermediate boarder. I can pull a couple of static grabs, the odd 180, hit some boxes etc. I'm looking for something that will perform pretty well in the park, but I'm mainly focused on something that'll be playful and fun around the mountain. So I guess I'm looking at something all mountain/freestyle/kinda jibby sort of thing.

Anyway, the major limiting factor is that I live in Australia, not only that, but in Tasmania (its small). So I'm looking at deals I can get on boards online from the mainland. I want something that will hopefully last me a few seasons, so I'm having trouble choosing.

I have been looking mainly at boards with either rocker, or a combo rocker/flat profile, low-medium stiffness.

I had pretty much settled on the K2 Raygun as I can get it for around $450. But then I wasn't sure if the unsymmetrical camber profile would annoy me. Anyone got any insight there?

Also looking at the Burton Nug. Not a big fan of burtons in general, but I've heard good things directly from people who've ridden it and seems positive. Not sure if its a big too limited though?

I'm open to other suggestions, but I can't really get anything from Ride, Yes, Capita, and a few others. I'm mainly looking at K2, Burton, Rossi, Salomon, Flow.

Oh and if anyone cares I'm 5'11" and about 180 pounds.

I'd love some ideas if anyone's got any to throw around..
sebtoombs is offline   Reply With Quote