Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Next board? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/128473-next-board.html)

element 02-16-2014 10:40 PM

Next board?

Anyone got suggestions for my next board - or just awesome deals going on now?

I had a K2 Raygun 161 (stolen at Reno airport), then a Slayblade 158 (destroyed by baggage handlers)

I loved the flex and ease of ride of the Raygun. Could spin and play in the park or pipe, jumps were easy - just overall, an easy board. 161 felt like a comfortable size.

The Slayblade - I got as someone on here found a friggin awesome deal for like 65% off w/ a code at tactics.
The slayblade was far easier to get speed from, but harder for butters - less flex and less forgiving. Still nice for jumps and pipe.
The 158 size felt OK, perhaps more maneuverable on moguls, but harder in the deep pow CO got this last few weeks.
The board's waist might have been a bit small.

Are there any awesome deals goin on now w/ comparable boards, or just general good all mtn boards (that work w/ regular Rome 390 bindings)?
Nice discount codes for proboardshop, etc?

Bamfboardman 02-16-2014 10:41 PM

Jones Aviator.

element 02-17-2014 10:06 AM

I read the reviews on the Aviator - looks like a pretty awesome board - perhaps more similar to the Slayblade than the Raygun.

Got any good links on awesome deals (for this or other boards)?
With my luck - I don't really want to put to much $ into a board anymore... so lookin for the best value for board I can get.

Right now it looks like the best deals might be on evo's outlet.

Bamfboardman 02-17-2014 11:45 AM

Where are you from? Because I think it may be time for you to move away from park and turn the mountain into your park.

element 02-17-2014 12:46 PM

hah - i'm kinda close to the ice coast.
Everything's my park - my luck's not on the mountain - but when my equipment gets to the airport.

Nivek 02-17-2014 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bamfboardman (Post 1543313)
Jones Aviator.

I haven't really heard a ton of positive feedback on this board at demos actually. On paper it looks awesome but has so far not proven to be a standout.

Look at the K2 Turbo, Flow Blackout, Salomon Mans Board, Yes Asym, Slash ATV, Rossi Templar.

jdang307 02-17-2014 02:20 PM

Active Ride Shop is having 25% off today use code Pres25. That's in addition to their already reduced prices if any. I'm dying to buy Union Contact Pros, they're like $130 but they don't have my size (bummer).

The Clymb, Leftlane and Seshday all have 20% off sales today. Take a look

And damn that sucks about your boars. WTF. I go through Reno every year never heard of something like that.

element 02-17-2014 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdang307 (Post 1545585)
Active Ride Shop is having 25% off today use code Pres25. That's in addition to their already reduced prices if any. I'm dying to buy Union Contact Pros, they're like $130 but they don't have my size (bummer).

The Clymb, Leftlane and Seshday all have 20% off sales today. Take a look

And damn that sucks about your boars. WTF. I go through Reno every year never heard of something like that.

Thanks for the deal list!
Yah - i posted a thread about the Reno deal when it happened a year ago, not coo.
The 2nd time around was either in Colorado or ATL.

I've been watching Clymb and Whiskey - but my size (at >= 158cm) puts me over the good deals there right now.
Will check out the others.

Dago91 02-17-2014 06:47 PM

Aren't you the guy who had his board massacred by delta? Any news on your claim? Whiskey militia has some pretty good Burton boards for sale ATM.

element 02-17-2014 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dago91 (Post 1546545)
Aren't you the guy who had his board massacred by delta? Any news on your claim? Whiskey militia has some pretty good Burton boards for sale ATM.

yah, that's me.
i've been emailing - i'll post back if i get good or bad news from them, but silence thus far.

I saw the Whiskey Burtons - I think the newer Burtons no longer support regular bindings, i've got Rome 390's.