Bindings Question (flows) - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2009, 09:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Sele10

Default Bindings Question (flows)

I've been boarding for only a few years... sort of intermediate skill level.

Last year I got a pair of K2 flow bindings... and to be honest I wasn't that impressed cuz the back never folded down far enough to actually GET my boot in... but I figured, oh well... still nice bindings, I'll just strap in every time.

Then I was browsing the snow shop whiling my girlfriend was getting fitted for new ski boots last night and I noticed that all the other flow bindings open up to pretty much a 90 degree angle. Which... makes a lot more sense lol.

So anyone know what the deal is with my bindings? I'm guess the cable just isn't long enough... (but that's merely a guess).

If you do know the problem I would also like to know the QUICKEST way of fixing it seeing that I'm leaving on a trip snow TONIGHT! LOL.

I know this is crazy short notice, but I just realized this apparent flaw last night at the snow shop (as stated above)... so yea. Any help would be great!

- Sele
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2009, 10:00 AM   #2 (permalink)

I'm not real familiar with your bindings but if I were you I'd stop by a snowboarding shop when you get there and pay them 5 or 10 bucks and they will adjust your bindings however you want. Hopefully they can fix your problem.

2009 Forum Youngblood 155cm (Park)
2009 Burton Cartel Bindings
$ickZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
Sele10

I just called a snow shop that is right down the street.

He said eh can't really diagnose the problem either without seeing it. But he said if it's 5 to 10 min. fix it's free of charge. /shrug

Hopefully I'll get lucky
Old 02-06-2009, 10:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
jonnydanger

I love Flow bindings, but they're pretty much the same where you can't open them up so they're 90 degrees with the board and you can easily slide your boot in because you can only put the back down so far before you hit the ground. I always found it easier to strap in standing up by getting on my toe edge, with my back down the hill, and then you can pull the back down all the way without hitting the ground and just throw your foot in there quick and then pop the back up.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
Sele10

While I will in fact try your advice (I like that idea)... they don't open up all the way even when they aren't on the board.

Granted I have a lot to learn still about gear... but I really think there is a flaw in the bindings. I know that sounds silly and cliche for someone to blame the machine instead of the operator.... but I dunno.

Something just it's right when I compare it to other bindings that I browsed in the store.

But like I said, I will give your idea a try for sure... thanks.

I will also post a follow up as to what the guy in the snow shop says for everyones general knowledge.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

First of all you either don't have Flow bindings or you don't have K2 bindings as they're 2 completely different brands. Now K2 does make a Step-In binding line call the Cinch who's biggest issue is that the backs don't open as far as the Flow's and they weigh more than Flows. That said if you do indeed have K2's and you were looking at Flow's that's probably the reason you're noticing the difference in how far they open
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 01:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
Sele10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisevolution View Post
First of all you either don't have Flow bindings or you don't have K2 bindings as they're 2 completely different brands. Now K2 does make a Step-In binding line call the Cinch who's biggest issue is that the backs don't open as far as the Flow's and they weigh more than Flows. That said if you do indeed have K2's and you were looking at Flow's that's probably the reason you're noticing the difference in how far they open
You are indeed correct... I DO have K2's... but not flows. (I used "flows" as more of a style... or mechanical term, which is apparently incorrect lol.)

Now.... how do I fix this? Is there and adjustment or a clever way or "rigging it"... or is the answer to just get new bindings that actually work?
Old 02-09-2009, 12:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

As far as I know, there is no "fix" for it... that's been the biggest hinderance in their sales thus far, that and their weight. It's just they way they're designed. I guess one way you could make it easier to get into would be to loosen the ankle strap a bit creating more space for you to get your foot in and then tightening down a bit more once you latch up the highback
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 02:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

yea thats pretty much it, so unfortunatley you are stuck with very heavy strap ins until you upgrade. not trying to be a dick but you really need to try before you buy. not everything is compatible...

and already stated, but k2s are not flows in any way..
Burton [ak] 2l Cyclic Jacket
Holden Northfield 3L pants
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 03:45 PM   #10 (permalink)

That is a big complaint with the K2's that the highback does not fold back enough. Strapping in every time isn't the end of the world even though that is what you were trying to avoid when you bought the bindings.
Grimdog is offline   Reply With Quote