Lib Tech A Thief?????? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2009, 10:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
CZMOLS

Default Lib Tech A Thief??????

Lib tech won innovation of the year at the trade show for their 2010 idea of a new style of reverse camber. check it out

C2 Power Banana Wins Innovation Of The Year Award :: Snowboard Revolution

Now as cool as it maybe that they are doing this, the problem is i'm riding a never summer that does just that(revolver-r in a 164) for this year s 2008-2009 line. so check out never summer s sight about their recurve camber and let me know if you think it is really lib tech who deserved innovater of the 2009 trade show for their 2009- 2010 line.

{ Revolver } Never Summer Boards
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2009, 10:47 AM   #2 (permalink)

It's definitely identical technology to what Never Summer is using, and as a Never Summer fan, i see what you're saying, it's pretty lame they got the award. Two things to note though.

-Lib-tech definitely pioneered the whole reverse camber wave, so in a sense every company is copying them.

-Lib very well may have been playing around with RC technology in development for a couple years now, we really don't know.

But ya...It's really really lame that SIA gave them the product of the show around for a product that Never summer had last year at SIA.
scottland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 11:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

next year mervin will get the award for a double-asymmetrical board shape

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 11:19 AM   #4 (permalink)

it can't be EXACTLY the same as ns rc because they have a patent on it. man you ns owners are a very proud bunch lol
shredder07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 11:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
CZMOLS

im not trying to complain, i jus want to see if this makes sense to anyone else and that im not crazy, besides i loved the rider's choice when i rode it(regular camber) so combining two of my favorite boards sounds awesome haha
Old 02-06-2009, 12:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I think they won won the award for combining the banana reverse camber like the NS, but with MTX, while the NS doesn't have MTX. So it is slightly different. The board will behave differently with MTX because of the additional contact points
redlude97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

On a related but thread jacking note, how do you like the Revolver-R??? I'm looking at that board or the GNU RC BTX or Lib SkunkApe for next season as a softer rocker alternative to my Rome Flag... I want something a bit more playful and soft than my Flag for everyday usage
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:54 PM   #8 (permalink)

ehh never been a big fan of lib, guess it has to do with not wrapping the whole edge that really bothers me for some reason, still tech wise they deserved the award.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
CZMOLS

i have 40+ days on my revolver. I love it. it does it all. from buttering boxes(which is effortless) to laying out carves, this thing does it all. This board has the perfect flex for me to tear up the whole mountain. I pretty much refuse to ride any other board. This is coming from a snowboard instructor who gets discounts on most companies. I demoed tons of boards this season from the www to the rome machine, gnu rider s choice, gnu 11up, this year s burton custom, ride kink, dose,and many many more. The sidecut is also great if u look at the link that i posted above, it creates 5 contact points due to the subtle changes in shape and the camber(close to a bootleg magne traction so i guess it is fair all and all hahahahaha) so it grips well on ice but not necesarily "magnetraction status". The huge advantage u also have with NS is that there is a 3 year warranty on their snowboards, but usually they outlast that anyways. I used to have one or two boards, last year i dropped down to one(broke one past warranty)and had a regular cambered ns revolver which was eventually stolen at the end of the season. I got this board this year and figured that i would possibly get sick of Reverse camber and need a bigger board for deep snow, instead it became my do it all board cuz it covers everything from park to deep snow in the trees. I think never summer got it right which is why lib tech was right in using this camber with their magne traction.

I don't know if that was good enough let me know if u need any specific feedback.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:43 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder07 View Post
it can't be EXACTLY the same as ns rc because they have a patent on it.
Patent pending. Anyone can use the idea until it's patent application is approved, and even then, NS would have to actually sue. And patent law suits aren't cheap.
scottland is offline   Reply With Quote