TRS, Agent, & bindings - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2007, 09:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
snowboard

Cool TRS, Agent, & bindings

Hi all,

I currently have a GNU CHB 153 and Ride EX binding and am looking to upgrade. I may get Lib Tech TRS MTX or Rome Agent, or both. I am an intermediate rider 5'8" 140lbs US boot size 9, doing 70% park/pipe, 30% mountain, very little rail. I have a few questions.

Are they different enough to justify having both? I like the MTX because of the icy condition in the east.

Size wise, should I get the TRS 151 or 154? or Agent 152 or 154? Or a longer TRS and a shorter Agent, or vice versa?

Any suggestion for bindings to go with the boards?

Thanks!

Snowboard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2007, 11:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

i dont have any experience with mervin boards, but ive heard good things. personally i love romes products and their stuff gets more and more tech each year. if your lookin for a park board, i would go with the agent. if you wanted to keep cost down, check out the graft.

as for bindings, once again, go with rome. so much customability and comfort. id recommend the 390's. if you wanted something else, union bindings are really nice too.
rgrwilco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 05:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
snowboard

Thanks rgrwilco for your advice! I have also gotten some advice from the manufacturers. I know what to get now. Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrwilco
i dont have any experience with mervin boards, but ive heard good things. personally i love romes products and their stuff gets more and more tech each year. if your lookin for a park board, i would go with the agent. if you wanted to keep cost down, check out the graft.

as for bindings, once again, go with rome. so much customability and comfort. id recommend the 390's. if you wanted something else, union bindings are really nice too.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I was also looking at both companies...I was looking at a GNU 11up MTX and a Lib SkunkApe MTX as well as the Rome Flag. I chose the Rome Flag. Both customer services were good and both answered my questions. The main reason I didn't go with the MTX option even though I live on the Ice Coast is because I have not tried and the reviews are mixed on how it feels. The Rome guys ride the same mountains I do so I know their equipment will work well in what I ride...
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote