Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   new board chip (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/128705-new-board-chip.html)

Liampac70 02-17-2014 01:54 PM

new board chip
 
hi, I just got a new board and I have a chip. I think I got it on the lift line. its about 2.5cm long and .5 cm wide on the edge. it was terrible seeing a bad chip on a brand new board only used once. it still has a flap of what was chipped off. I got some epoxy. it says 8-12 hours cure time does that mean I can apply now and itll be ready in 8-12 hours to ride? thanks everyone. I can post some pictures if anyone wants.

Kevin137 02-17-2014 02:12 PM

Pics would help, but i never bother with anything that is superficial, it is just what it is, annoying... I have loads on 2 new boards for this year, and just put up with it...

Liampac70 02-17-2014 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin137 (Post 1545545)
Pics would help, but i never bother with anything that is superficial, it is just what it is, annoying... I have loads on 2 new boards for this year, and just put up with it...

ill try to post some pics up tonight. but it wont effect the boards riding?

Big Foot 02-17-2014 02:33 PM

Is the chip on the topsheet (top of the board with no metal) or the edge (metal part)? if it's just on the top sheet then it won't matter. If it's on the edge, then it's a problem.

bcollins 02-17-2014 02:57 PM

snowboard community forums - do this to your board everyone - Page 1

Do this, it actually helps a lot. Yeah it's just cosmetic but we all like nice things. I've done this to several boards and it really does help minimize the damage in those lift line situations.

Liampac70 02-17-2014 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcollins (Post 1545745)
snowboard community forums - do this to your board everyone - Page 1

Do this, it actually helps a lot. Yeah it's just cosmetic but we all like nice things. I've done this to several boards and it really does help minimize the damage in those lift line situations.

definitely will do this, thanks

Liampac70 02-17-2014 04:11 PM

https://imageshack.com/i/0zpldoj. heres a picture. it isnt that bad. but there is still the flap over the chip that I might be able to glue back in place. how does it look. do you guys think its safe to ride tomarow I want to make sure this board doesn't get damaged.

readimag 02-17-2014 04:23 PM

Really that is it just shave it off and ride it, or get some marine epoxy and wait 24 hrs.

Liampac70 02-17-2014 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by readimag (Post 1546097)
Really that is it just shave it off and ride it, or get some marine epoxy and wait 24 hrs.

dosent look that bad in the picture because the flap of topsheet is over it. it isnt that bad though.

Liampac70 02-17-2014 04:39 PM

do you guys think it'll be fine to ride tomarow without any epoxy or shaving? I want to make sure it is fine because the board is brand new. thanks


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2