Time for an upgrade Need your help - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2007, 09:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
arexseven89

Default Time for an upgrade Need your help

current setup:
Lamar ULtra 149
morrow bindings
house boots

Height: 5'10"
Weight: 175
boot size:10
budget:400-500
location of riding: colorado
Style: Freeriding/freestyle

Im lookin at:
BOARDS
Forum Destroyer Insert 156cm
Forum The Grudge 156cm
Forum Youngblood Midwide 155cm
Ride Agenda 156cm

Boots
Vans Encore Ltd Boa
Vans Danny Kass IV
DC Phase Snowboard Boots
32 - Thirty Two 305
32 - Thirty Two Prospect Boa
bindings
Im not too sure, something decent but not too expensive

let me know what you guys think or if there is something better.

thanx
-JOSH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2007, 11:20 AM   #2 (permalink)

What type of terrain are you into? Also, have you tried those boots on? It's next to impossible to recommend a boot that will fit YOUR feet, because it's YOUR feet. Not mine, not your neighbours, YOUR feet.
boarderaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 04:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
st.stark

Hm...does anyone else here think that 156 might be a bit short considering his height and weight? It could be really nice if you are going just in the park, but if you ever are hitting some powder (which I hope you do being in CO) you would probably want something more in the 158-160 range. Just my $0.02. Binding-wise if you are looking for some cheap but nice bindings the K2 Sonic bindings seem pretty nice. My friend just got some and they seem like a damn good set for a mere $100. If you are looking to spend more Rome makes nice bindings and so does Drake (the Arsenals and F60s are a great buy). Also, when it comes to binding size, go with a large or xl in those brands (only some have xl). Hope this helps.

Last edited by st.stark; 10-15-2007 at 04:04 PM.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
arexseven89

I really wish i had a store nearby to go and try on boots but since im currently in Oklahoma, im left with having to order online.
Im lookin to start ridin the park terrain, while still crusin keystone and other mountain in the area.
I know the board i have now is too small being 149, when i used The-house.com calculator it came out to 156 but it also said anywhere from 151-163cm for someone my height and didnt give me an idea on weight but if i should be riding something bigger then thats what im here to figure out.
I am athletic and have been skateboarding for over 6 years if that makes any difference
I appreciate the comments so far...
Old 10-15-2007, 04:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
djcuba908

I think 156 would be fine for his measurements...I measure up the same, only slightly heavier, and I have a 156. However, I'm mainly jibbing and riding park with that, so it suits my needs. However I would go bigger if I was riding pow pow or bigger mountains. For bindings, sierrasnowboard.com has leftover '07 burton bindings for siccccck prices...you could get burton mission ltd's for $79.99, burton cartels for under $120, and p1's for $130.

For boards, you seem to be pretty into Forum, which by all means is a great brand, but I'd also check out Gnu and Lib-Tech, like the Gnu Carbon Hi-Beam and Rider's Choice, or Lib-Tech TRS.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
arexseven89

Ive heard good things about forum but thats not the only brand ive been looking at.
also been checking out rome, ride, burton, 5150 and k2 but cant come to a decision on whats best for the money
Old 10-17-2007, 08:54 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

For your money I'd put it into a Rome or a Ride over Forum...GNU and Lib also make sick boards as does NeverSummer. 156 is fine if your only on groomers and park, I'd jump to 158/59 for a more versatile board though. Check out the Rome Anthem for an all around board that can do everything well
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 10:17 AM   #8 (permalink)
st.stark

Yeah one thing is for sure though, I would NOT buy a 5150 unless you plan on riding a beginner board forever... But yeah look at Rome, Ride, and K2 as well as Forum. You'll be happy you did.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:57 AM   #9 (permalink)
Danimal!!!!!!

Location: Frederick, MD in other words to far from the big mountains

Word Rome all the way buddy. But you guys do know that Burton bought out Forum a couple years ago right? So Forum product is a lot better than it was because it has Burtons over the top R & D behind it now.
Dcp584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 01:53 AM   #10 (permalink)
arexseven89

alright i still haven't gotten around to ordering a new setup yet but im gonna be on the slopes in about a month.

Heres what im thinking right now

BOARD:
GNU Carbon High beam 157
unfortunately i can only find it in a wide version right now. My boot size is only about 10-10.5
anybody know where to find a non wide version

Bindings:
Burton Mission or cartel
Rome 390

Boots:
Im still not sure, Only store i found nearby was Zumiez and they only had 3 pairs of boots
So looks like ill be ordering online or oder board/bindings now and wait till i get to Colorado to find boots

what do you guys thinK?