Burton's new board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2009, 02:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
Rusty21

Default Burton's new board

So to my knowledge burton just came out with the mayhem, which is supposed to be a powder hound. The problem is that hardly anyone knows anything about it. I am about to leave for steamboat and really want to buy it but I cant find any reviews on it.

Anyone hear anything about this board?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2009, 09:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Burton says: Bring more method to your mayhem. We know your game. You're the brave soul that makes soccer moms put their kiddies on a ski-leash. You're burly, blurry in photographs, and ripping the mountain to pieces on the new Mayhem. Whether you run the mid wide version, or its even wider big brother, brace yourself for a beast gnarly enough to house the Hulk, yet so incredibly agile that no one has time to ask for an apology.

What does this tell me? What does it tell you? Absolutely nothing. It's a useless description aimed at kids who aren't spending their own money, their spending Mommy and Daddy's money. Is it too much to ask the board mfg to actually cough up some useful information instead 'get your steezy on' or 'dope moves' when the MSRP price tag is $400?

This is the biggest reason why I don't buy Burton. The oversaturation of the sport with Burton poseurs is the second biggest reason I don't buy Burton.

Google tells me it's an all-mountain board similar to the custom but designed with freestyle in mind. This doesn't sound like a powder hound to me. There are boards specifically designed to be powder boards, this isn't one of them.

However, if you're thinking of just picking up a retail Burton board on a lark because you're headed for a boarding trip, it doesn't really sound like money is an object for you, so go for it. Just don't expect it to be a powder-loving beast

Sorry I couldn't be more help, but Burton couldn't be less help in this matter.
MunkySpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 12:00 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunkySpunk View Post
Burton says: Bring more method to your mayhem. We know your game. You're the brave soul that makes soccer moms put their kiddies on a ski-leash. You're burly, blurry in photographs, and ripping the mountain to pieces on the new Mayhem. Whether you run the mid wide version, or its even wider big brother, brace yourself for a beast gnarly enough to house the Hulk, yet so incredibly agile that no one has time to ask for an apology.

What does this tell me? What does it tell you? Absolutely nothing. It's a useless description aimed at kids who aren't spending their own money, their spending Mommy and Daddy's money. Is it too much to ask the board mfg to actually cough up some useful information instead 'get your steezy on' or 'dope moves' when the MSRP price tag is $400?

This is the biggest reason why I don't buy Burton. The oversaturation of the sport with Burton poseurs is the second biggest reason I don't buy Burton.

Google tells me it's an all-mountain board similar to the custom but designed with freestyle in mind. This doesn't sound like a powder hound to me. There are boards specifically designed to be powder boards, this isn't one of them.

However, if you're thinking of just picking up a retail Burton board on a lark because you're headed for a boarding trip, it doesn't really sound like money is an object for you, so go for it. Just don't expect it to be a powder-loving beast

Sorry I couldn't be more help, but Burton couldn't be less help in this matter.
Burton's website says it's an All-Mountain-Freestyle board. I'm going to read real deep into this and say...it's not a powder hound, but a board you can ride in most conditions on most of the mountain? Wow, that was tough to decipher from their website?
stevetim is offline   Reply With Quote