Not quite a beginner...need a new board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2014, 08:03 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Not quite a beginner...need a new board

5'8
160 lbs
26 years old

It's been about 2 years since I've gone boarding but previously I used an old school Lamar that didn't provide me with much stability but for financial reasons I kept it around. Over the past five years I've gone to Heavenly and Breck and spent a couple quality days out on the mountain. My favorite thing to do is work the backwoods and get some quality speed down groomed trails. Not big into the terrain parks.

Basically, I'm looking for a board that wont break the bank at $200-250 and fits my riding style. Since I only head out west once a year and don't play around with the midwest hills too often I don't want to go too crazy. Suggestions?
srcarls is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2014, 08:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Drunk with power...er beer.

The sales are starting about now. Start visiting the shops, get a feel for what they have, be prepared to pounce. If you time it right you can get good stuff for less than 50% of retail.

I hate the parts between winter
Donutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

when working on a budget it is harder to get picky about what board you get, good news s that most boards will work for your needs. You can pick up really nice boards for steals on the internet ant sites like this. Discount Snowboards | evo outlet

Pick a few of those that look good to you and get back with us. you probably want to get as close to a 153-155 size as you can get
Old 02-19-2014, 08:37 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks for the quick responses!

I've been searching around a bit on The House and Evo. I have seen mixed reviews on here regarding Sierra boards so I was very hesitant to add one to the list.

From what I've seen, I like the Burton Clash, Forum Manual, Rossingnol Sultan and Technine Split. Any feedback on these?
Old 02-20-2014, 07:26 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

i was thinking more like the rome reverb rocker from evo, those boards you mentioned are bottom of the line, you should be able to get a really nice last years model in your price range
Old 02-20-2014, 08:50 AM   #6 (permalink)

You can pick up the Rossi Templar for $200 bucks at Evo, the sale ended already as it was $149 just a week ago but i'm sure it will go back to $149 again.
ekb18c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:26 PM   #7 (permalink)

I've been digging around a bit here and it seems that the Rossi Templar seems to be pretty well liked. Do you think it fits my style of staying away from the parks? The other ones that are tempting are the Rome Factory Rocker and K2 Raygun...thoughts?
Old 02-24-2014, 11:42 PM   #8 (permalink)

unfortunately the fast boards that are stable at high speeds are generally on the more expensive side. there's good sales going on right now because the season is coming to an end but i think you'll have to kick in a little more if you want something of good quality. keep browsing other sites too..... dogfunk.com (excellent site with an outstanding return policy), backcountry.com, tactics.com. you'll problem want a good All Mountain board. when you browse just click on the All Mountain category to see all the boards available. good brands to go with are Rome, Burton, Gnu, Lib Tech, K2, Ride. another brand to look into would be Never Summer but unfortunately i don't know much about them and i don't know anyone who rides one so maybe some other people here can comment on their boards.
SkullAndXbones is offline   Reply With Quote