Help with picking a good sized board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2009, 08:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
mark_98

Default Help with picking a good sized board

Alright so I went snowboarding for the first time yesterday. I had lots of fun and want to take it up. Im now looking for a board to buy, but im confused about whats good for me.

-Im 183 cm tall, 6'0 feet tall
-I weight 145 pounds, although starting April im planning on hitting the weights/food and if all goes well ill be at least 160 by next winter.
-I wear a size 10-10.5 shoes, but yesterday the 10 shoe was too small, it really pressed up against my big toe, and the size 11 shoe was ok, but seemed a little big.
-From what ive read I believe my style is freeride, since im just a beginner all I really want to do is cruise and im not trying to do some crazy and insane tricks, although who knows by the end of next year I could be doing basic jumps lol

I've looked around and found a used board and bindings for $270, stats and pics posted below

Rossignol Roc 156cm 140$
Burton Custom Blue (toe strap) 130$

thanks in advance to anyone willing to help out and if theres any info ive left out just let me know and ill answer.

p.s. sorry if this is in the wrong section
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2009, 09:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Trace63

You can get much better than that for $270 IMO. Ill look around and let you know what I find.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
MaPolley07

That setup looks like a rental board that a ski area is selling, probably beat to hell. The plastic caps on tim and tail give away the fact that its a rental.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
Trace63

Boom-shaka-laka
Rome Crail 153cm for $215 shipped. Semi flexy with an all mountain feel to it. Cheap, looks sick, and of course, its Rome.
09 rome snowboard crail 153 | boardparadise.com

Rome Shift Bindings 92 shipped Rome Snowboard Bindings Rome Shift Snowboard Bindings
Burton Customs Burton Snowboard Bindings Burton Custom Snowboard Bindings $104
Flow Flite 2 $92 shipped 09 flow binding flite 2 black | Outlet @ boardparadise.com

Not sure what your budget is but if you want a little better quality
Rome United 09 rome binding united black | Outlet @ boardparadise.com $124 shipped
Old 02-09-2009, 10:45 AM   #5 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Watch out for boardparadise though, a lot of folks on here have had major problems with that company as well as their other sites in getting stuff.

But yeah, DON'T buy a rental board. Spend about $50-100 more and you could probably find a used board/bindings that isn't one on eBay or the like.
HouseMuzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Trace63

Yeah, doesnt have to be from that site, Im just showing that it IS possible to get great quality for a good price.
Although, Ive personally never had any problems with them.