Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Need opinions on my broken snowboard (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/129793-need-opinions-my-broken-snowboard.html)

Streetguy17 02-20-2014 05:42 PM

Need opinions on my broken snowboard
 
Just got a new board and ended up snapping the nose on a metal pole during a trail. Not very happy right now and it seems that every google search ends with ditching the board and getting a new one. I was hoping to get your advice on the damage, I'm not a hardcore snowboarder and just like to ride down the trails, is there any chance that I can salvage this?

Snowboard - Imgur[1]

Thank you in advance :)

Naturesabre 02-20-2014 06:02 PM

So if it actually a 'new' board, you can talk to the company. That doesn't seem to be the case based on those pictures unless the little scruffs and what appears to be natural wear is just the result of your crash (and considering it looks like you took a jigsaw to the nose of your board that's not too far fetched). So first option if it's new is to talk to the manufacturer/shop. If not, that board is pretty much toast.

cerebroside 02-20-2014 06:04 PM



(Joking, but also wondering how the hell you managed to do that...)

BurtonAvenger 02-20-2014 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naturesabre (Post 1558721)
So if it actually a 'new' board, you can talk to the company. That doesn't seem to be the case based on those pictures unless the little scruffs and what appears to be natural wear is just the result of your crash (and considering it looks like you took a jigsaw to the nose of your board that's not too far fetched). So first option if it's new is to talk to the manufacturer/shop. If not, that board is pretty much toast.

What is a shop or manufacturer going to do? They're going to go you ran into something and its your fault.

Yes the board more than likely is toast. Now here is your saving grace if you're a DIYer you can salvage it. Get a jigsaw, router, and some sealant because you're giving your board its own unique nose shape. If you're not a DIYer I suggest just getting really drunk and crying.

the grouch 02-20-2014 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger (Post 1558745)
What is a shop or manufacturer going to do? They're going to go you ran into something and its your fault.

Yes the board more than likely is toast. Now here is your saving grace if you're a DIYer you can salvage it. Get a jigsaw, router, and some sealant because you're giving your board its own unique nose shape. If you're not a DIYer I suggest just getting really drunk and crying.

Do any snowboard companies have crash replacement policies? I know Giro used to have it for helmets and some mountainbike companies do it for frames.
Otherwise, pretending to pass this as a warranty issue would be BS.

Naturesabre 02-20-2014 06:36 PM

I was just saying he might get a new one out of it if it he thinks it could be argued as a defect. I don't see something that extreme being 'normal' for hitting a pole, but he coulda been going real fast so fair enough. I was also going to say just make it into a crazy shaped nose/tail but I'e never done anything like that so I know nothing about it

cav0011 02-20-2014 07:01 PM

Smokin has a "bummer" replacement policy which is a special lower rate to replace your board no matter how it got damaged (within the warranty period)

Fewdfreak 02-20-2014 07:43 PM

I dunno you could always epoxy it up and switch your bindings around and ride it backwards. Is the NAS a directional? Might not ride that different and you could get another season out of it. Only thing I could think of short of cutting or buying a new one...

speedjason 02-20-2014 07:57 PM

cut the back end off and seal it up and ride it as a directional. :D

BurtonAvenger 02-20-2014 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naturesabre (Post 1558841)
I was just saying he might get a new one out of it if it he thinks it could be argued as a defect. I don't see something that extreme being 'normal' for hitting a pole, but he coulda been going real fast so fair enough. I was also going to say just make it into a crazy shaped nose/tail but I'e never done anything like that so I know nothing about it

Just stop. Seriously stop. I can see the hamster in your brain is trying to run on the wheel but no. There is no fucking defect that's a straight impact. It split the seam of the core causing one side to go up and the other to go down. The force of it broke through the topsheet and the base. They'll take one look at that and just laugh.

The best thing to do is cut a V into the tip and seal it or put a pop rivet right after the end of that split so it stops it cold from getting longer. After that comes some serious work of ptexing the base, sealing the topsheet so it doesn't allow moisture in and in the end it's going to look ugly as fuck.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2