2010 Lineup? ( Lib Tech and more ) - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2009, 11:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Trace63

Default 2010 Lineup? ( Lib Tech and more )

Hey guys. So I was browsing the net and I found a few things coming out for next season. ** Follow this link --> South of the North: 2009 - 2010 Lib Tech Snowboard Catalog **

Ive had my gear since last season, but only used it twice last year so this is my first full season. I love my board, and love my bindings, my boots however leave a little to be desired. My left one is fine, but I get ridiculous heel lift in the right boot. SO, either this season ( if I find them for 180 or less ) I'm deciding between the Salomon Malamutes vs the Vans Cirros.
So whats the point of the link? Well, Im on the ice coast. I ride Okemo 90% of the time but go to Stratton whenever my bus organizers have trips there. VT is nice, but nonetheless, its easy to say that Im not riding Vail powder. So I was looking into Lib Techs. I don't know what but theres just something thats pulling towards the brand. + the Magnetraction will def. help me out on the mountain.

So finally getting to the point... I mainly freeride but do hope to get better and start hitting kickers soon enough. I basically narrowed my Lib Tech search to the 164.5 Travis Rice model. I WAS going to go with a 161, but I think that might be just a little too short for a ~215lb guy. I looked everywhere and the board is either sold out or still has a high price tag. Graphics arent amazing, but they are nice. I really like the 08 Dark series but reviews arent raving about the board. SO I found that page *link* and look at Libs lineup for next year. Wow, sorry to say but the graphics are pretty lame IMO. Anybody else share this same opinion? Only boards that appeal to me are the Skunk Ape and the Skate Banana (which looks awesome). Sadly, from what I understand, those things would be noodles under my weight and riding preference.

So does anybody have any thoughts on next years gear? Rome, Ride, Lib, w/e...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2009, 11:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

your post is confusing lol but a 161 would work fine. its prob a sick board as well, i want to demo one so bad..dont expect it to ever go on sale or be in stock at the same time though..its just like the banana its either gone or 500$. especially with how popular travis is this year(deservedly so.)

not sure about the skunk ape, but bananas arent really meant for big kickers.....and also not a lib tech graphics fan this year, next or most others...i dont get why they are so dark and serious?
Burton [ak] 2l Cyclic Jacket
Holden Northfield 3L pants

Last edited by jmacphee9; 03-22-2009 at 10:18 PM.
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 11:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Trace63

Yeah I just realized I rambled on a lot. Sorry, lol. I didnt mean to include any questions about my gear. lol

Im just curious what people think about next years gear and how it will affect their buying...
Old 02-09-2009, 08:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
SMS1977

Trace63:

I just got this 2008/2009 TRS MTX for the very reason that I don't like next years graphic as much (but I personally like next years T.Rice better than this years).
Old 02-09-2009, 12:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
zeekman

rides stuff looks sick
Old 03-12-2009, 07:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
dana

I'm a fan of Lib tech and ride in ME so I'm very familiar with the ice coast. I got a 167 lib TRS BTX (08/09). I'm 6-2 and 200lbs, 11.5 foot and I like to free ride with some laps in the park hit boxes and jumps. The TRS Btx is a killer. Couldn't be happier. Stiff, not a noodle. Butters like a champ, regardless of the size. Bombs the hill, holds an awesome edge, don't even notice the MTX on groomers, but it's there when you need it. Stomps huge landings- haven't had a problem with that. No delam, no problems with construction of board- held up better than other brands after 60+ days.

I loved the TRS so much I bought the 09 MC Kink BTX (157 cm). It's fast and stable- surprising for a 157 cm. Flexible but solid when carving and riding hard. It provides a smooth stable ride and rides longer than it's length. Overall- I'm a big guy and ride Lib and I'm pumped on the two boards I've ridden. They're both really fun all over the mountain. Good luck.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

anyone notice the nipples on jamie lynns board? or the multi step listed to the second type of the board.

I see the C2 btx
I also see x1 btx
Old 03-13-2009, 12:36 AM   #8 (permalink)
fossilX

I would say it's more like a 1/2 nipple vs. nipples'
Old 03-22-2009, 04:33 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMS1977 View Post
Trace63:

I just got this 2008/2009 TRS MTX for the very reason that I don't like next years graphic as much (but I personally like next years T.Rice better than this years).
I kinda like the 08-09 T. Rice better than the 09-10 R.Rice - the eagle on next year's board is cool but I'm liking the out there graphics of this year's board
v-verb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
Trace63

Well, either way I got screwed out of every T.Rice I tried to purchase. So, unless another magical deal pops up Im SOL until next year. Now, if only that damed Skunk Ape would have a sintered base.