Ride Bindings??? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2009, 12:46 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Ride Bindings???

I just want to know ride bindings? Good or bad? comfortable or not? Which one are good? which ones are bad? Thanks
sgauto08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2009, 03:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
TeamDime1011

i have 2 sets of the ride rx's that i ride religiously and i LOVE them. very lightweight and flexible.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:15 AM   #3 (permalink)

I am not sure if the term flexible is the best word to describe them. I have a pair of 08 RX's, they are aluminum, and are typicall stiffer than a plastic binding. In fact I know they are stiff, but that is why I picked them up. As far as weight, they are a tad heavier than most plastic freestyle bindings. Not really an issue if you freeride. They also come with a convertible toe strap. Some people like them, some don't. Basically the Convert. toe strap allows you to use it as a traditional strap (over the top of the toes) or slide it down the front a bit more. I set my convert strap along the seam where the tip of my boot is stitched to the top. It is most comfortable and it keeps my foot back in the heel cup better (personal pref.) This is my 2nd season on them. They have held up great for me. I mostly freeride, so this stiff setup works to my advantage on the snow packed hills of the midwest. If your looking for a stiffer, aluminum binding I think the RX's should handle anything you throw at them. I would not buy anything below the RX model though. Reasons: 1. All parts are removable on the RX models and anything above (the cheaper models have the ratchets actually riveted into the binding so if something fails there your S.O.L. 2. The higher performance models have more adjustments. 3. The straps on the higher end bindings have more padding. I have had good experiences with the RX's
SnoRidr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:20 AM   #4 (permalink)

I used my Ride Contrabands for the first time yesterday. You have to set them up for your particular boot but I have to say they were COMFORTABLE! Great bindings. Fast to take on and off, excellent support. I recommend them
v-verb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:40 AM   #5 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I have ride NRC bindings that I got before the season this year. Have logged a good 30 or so days on them and when I ride, I ride hard and for usually at least 8 hours. They are great. Very high quality and super customizable. Love them and recommend them. Before the NRC I had Ride EX and LX bindings. Both held up well and never gave me a problem whatsoever. I am a fan of ride and will always look at their bindings first as they have always been reliable, high quality products to me.
Glade Ripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:39 AM   #6 (permalink)

I have ride EXs and really like them.... they are comfy and seem well built, ive rode about 20 days on them and no problems at all, they improved my riding ten fold when i got them....
crazykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:28 AM   #7 (permalink)

I've been riding the LX's since I started and absolutely love them. Also check out the SPI's, they're a great binding.
Technine Icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:28 AM   #8 (permalink)

I've been riding the LX's since I started and absolutely love them. Also check out the SPI's, they're a great binding.
Technine Icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:07 PM   #9 (permalink)

08 ex or 09 lx, what would you guys choose from these?
delas52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I had those ex bindings. loved them. i would suggest those just because i had those. never tried the 09 lx ones though.
Glade Ripper is offline   Reply With Quote