K2 vs. Rome - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2007, 09:20 PM   #11 (permalink)
yachattack

dude, everyone iv talked to says romes the shit. iv talked to alot of proshop guys and people who just love to board and rome seems to be just a good all around brand. k2 just doesnt get talked about as much and i just havent heard any positive things about them. plus i got this old k2 board and bindings and they blow. MY NEW ROME AGENT AND 390s WILL BE HEAR ANY DAY IM SO EXCITED. anyways goog luck bro.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2007, 11:03 PM   #12 (permalink)
alexcited

I've been told the K2 world wide weapon is the highest selling board from this past season. that is an amazing K2
Old 10-29-2007, 11:01 AM   #13 (permalink)
Veteran Member

If you're into Jibbing the www is a very good board, if you want to do anything else not so much. K2 is not a bad company by any means, they've been around snowboarding almost from the very begining, actually they were one of the first ski companies to start making snowboards so don't think they don't know snowboarding because they do. The reason I went with Rome though is because they treated me as a person that is like them, looking for the best equipment for what I do on a snowboard. They didn't push anything but gave me honest information. When I was deciding between this years Flag or picking up a demo of last years they told me the differences, but also said, dude last years is a sick board so if you can get a deal go for it. Most companies would be pushing this years board on me heavy promoting all the new tech and why it's 1000000% better than last years etc. They're just a good bunch of people who make a sick product. I'd always rather support the "little" guy over the big guy if I have a choice.
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 11:25 AM   #14 (permalink)
N~R~G

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisevolution
If you want to find hard pack and ice then the east is where it's at.
lol. x10
Old 10-29-2007, 11:28 AM   #15 (permalink)
N~R~G

i ride a roam...vinyl...which is meant to be a park board, but i ride it all mountain. haven't found any issues in doing so & definitely can tell the difference between my last POS board & my roam, meaning...my roam kicks my last board's tail end
Old 10-29-2007, 12:36 PM   #16 (permalink)
Danimal!!!!!!

Location: Frederick, MD in other words to far from the big mountains

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcited
I've been told the K2 world wide weapon is the highest selling board from this past season. that is an amazing K2
I think thats is a crock of horse pucky. I don't know who told you that.

But for me K2 is a ski company and always will be a ski company. I tend to go with comanys that don't have mixed interests. Rome Does snowboarding and thats it plain and simple.
Dcp584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 12:45 PM   #17 (permalink)
alexcited

the guy who owns the local eastern boarder said that when it first came out, sales were alright, but its turned into the 'best selling board of the season'

and i hear alot of people say the same thing about the 'mixed interest' in ski/snowboards.i dont agree with that. honda seems to make great cars/motorcycles/and lawnmowers...why cant K2 makes ski's and snowboards? Rome is my favorite company by far, but K2 makes excellent boards...regardless of it they make ski's or not.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:02 PM   #18 (permalink)
mike1two

A majority of us on this forum would pick Rome over K2 any day of the week. Rome is a great company with a good vision and personally I would rather put my money into a smaller company but that shouldn't take away from K2 their high end boards like the Eldorado are still quality boards.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:12 PM   #19 (permalink)
Danimal!!!!!!

Location: Frederick, MD in other words to far from the big mountains

See you are comparing two totally different things. Comparing The Honda Motor Co. to K2 is a bit absurd. They are at two totally different ends of the spectrum. First off Honda has way more money and R&D thrown into all of thier products, plus another probably 30 years more worth of experience in making thier products.
Dcp584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 03:00 PM   #20 (permalink)
Banned Bananas [national phenomenon]

Honestly... I'd take a WWW over an agent or artifact. Yeah, I said it. It's the only K2 product I'd pick though.

alaric is offline   Reply With Quote