K2 vs. Rome - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2007, 11:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Miljar18

Default K2 vs. Rome

I'm looking at buying either a Rome Anthem or K2 Eldorado, any oppinions on which one is better?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2007, 11:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miljar18
I'm looking at buying either a Rome Anthem or K2 Eldorado, any oppinions on which one is better?

ive never heard of the eldorado, but have heard tons of praise about the anthem. what type of terrain are you looking to ride?
rgrwilco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 11:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Miljar18

I'm going for all-mountain/freeride, I'm also looking at the never summer premier?
Old 10-16-2007, 08:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
Danimal!!!!!!

Location: Frederick, MD in other words to far from the big mountains

I would still take the Rome over the other two. The Anthem is a great board; I have one from a few years back. For what you are looking to do it will be a great board.
Dcp584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 08:47 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I just switched from Ride to Rome for this season, I liked the way the guys at Rome handled my inquiries and they were just straight forward and honest about things. That alone would've sold me on their equipment, but the fact they make an awesome product also definitely closed the deal. NeverSummer makes great stuff too but tend to be on the stiffer side. Where are you riding east coast, west coast?
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 09:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Miljar18

I'm riding west coast. Also another thing I'm looking at is the boards ability to get rid of chatter on hardpacked snow. I currently have a Rossingal Circuit, which chatters like a son of a *****, now I know the boards I've been looking at are miles beyond what I already have, but chatter is definately something I want to minamize. Any fallow up ideas on this?
Old 10-17-2007, 07:14 AM   #7 (permalink)
richedie

I am a fan of ROME because those guys come from Burton, one of the companies there from the start of boarding. K2 jumped on the bandwagon once the road was pathed.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:19 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miljar18
I'm riding west coast. Also another thing I'm looking at is the boards ability to get rid of chatter on hardpacked snow. I currently have a Rossingal Circuit, which chatters like a son of a *****, now I know the boards I've been looking at are miles beyond what I already have, but chatter is definately something I want to minamize. Any fallow up ideas on this?
Alot of the time chatter comes from needing better pressure control through the turn and not always the board. Thats something to bear in mind that a new board isn't guarunteed to get rid of chatter.
Snowjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 08:34 AM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I went with Rome because they ride the mountains I ride here in the East. If you want to find hard pack and ice then the east is where it's at. Send the guys at Rome an e-mail tell them what you're curious about and they will answer honestly and quickly. I'm telling you once you talk to them you will be sold on their equipment.
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 09:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
alexcited

Rome is definitely the way to go. i purchased a rome agent last year and just picked up rome 390's today. more of a freestyle set up but with rome you get an amazing product. ive had problems with K2's in my past, with the layers just coming apart on me, but i also rode ride preston's which were just terrible bindings. I also like that rome is from the east coast,which is where i ride. if i can survive an east coast winter, it will be amazing anywhere else.