Board/Bindings Advice! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2014, 09:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Board/Bindings Advice!

Hey everyone! I've become addicted to this sport and know I'll be riding for a long long time, so I've decided to take advantage of season end sales and get some equipment.

I'm 5'3"-5'4" and 125 pounds. I wear a size 7.5 boot and I am all done growing. My budget is anything under $500 for boards, and under $200 for bindings. I would ideally like a board that can be used all-mountain, but leaning a bit more towards freestyle as I plan to be hitting up the park once I'm ready.

So far I've looked at the Arbor Cadence, Jess Kimura Pro, Birds of a Feather, Space Metal Fantasy (although I think this may be too soft to be a decent all-mountain board), and the Ollie Pop. Any suggestions and/or opinions would be greatly appreciated!

As for bindings I was looking at 2013 Union Rosas and 2013 Union Milans. My general impression is that the Milans are a bit stiffer than the Rosas, but the Rosas are also cheaper (and better looking ). Again, let me know what you think!

Last edited by aregulargoof; 02-22-2014 at 10:30 PM.
aregulargoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2014, 09:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I'm going to assume your female. If so look at the ladies boards from gnu. My wife has gotten much better riding a ladies choice. She also wears 32 boots, not sure on the model, but good for her sensitive feet. Good luck.
ridinbend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 10:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinbend View Post
I'm going to assume your female. If so look at the ladies boards from gnu. My wife has gotten much better riding a ladies choice. She also wears 32 boots, not sure on the model, but good for her sensitive feet. Good luck.
I had taken a look at the Ladies Choice, and every review I had read about it was positive. The only thing is that compared to the prices I found for the Cadence and Birds of a Feather, it seems expensive. Is it worth paying $100-$150 more for the GNU board, that's my thing. I've also only found it in size 146 which may be a tad long (correct me if I'm wrong).
aregulargoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 11:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aregulargoof View Post
I had taken a look at the Ladies Choice, and every review I had read about it was positive. The only thing is that compared to the prices I found for the Cadence and Birds of a Feather, it seems expensive. Is it worth paying $100-$150 more for the GNU board, that's my thing. I've also only found it in size 146 which may be a tad long (correct me if I'm wrong).
Not immediately, but if your love for the sport grows, better boards means better performance. Length wise shorter will help while learning, but if your going to ride enough, you may want a bit bigger. My wife is 5'7 and rides a 152.
ridinbend is offline   Reply With Quote