trying to decide between a few women's boards.. advice? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2014, 10:02 PM   #1 (permalink)

female trying to decide between a few women's boards.. advice?

Hey there! So I'm an intermediate rider and have been riding the same board for over 10 years..it finally self-destructed last weekend . I have been researching boards and have come up with a few, so I just wanted to get some opinions on these boards (pros/cons?) I'm just starting to get comfortable with small/medium jumps and popping over natural stuff on runs, and I want something that can maintain some speed but that is also pretty flexible that can handle uneven terrain and the occasional tree run. Here are the boards I'm looking at:

1.GNU B-PRO C3-BTX
2. Burton Deja vu flying V
3. Never summer Infinity
4. Arbor Swoon

Any thoughts/feelings on these or other suggestions? I'm a little overwhelmed with all the options. Thanks so much!

-Bridget
holroyba is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2014, 10:32 PM   #2 (permalink)

Ehhh... Your #1 choice is a bombing board... I'm afraid you won't get much pop out of it. And its super aggressive to boot.

Your other choices might be a bit better for bouncing off stuff, but it really depends on how much pop you want out of your board. Less pop = more rocker (reverse camber), or just a more softer board.

Last edited by KellionBane; 02-23-2014 at 08:42 AM.
KellionBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 10:34 PM   #3 (permalink)

Ok great thanks! that at least helps narrow it down a little, any idea how those other boards hold up with speed vs. pop? I'm trying to find something in between and the reviews i've read on those are kind of go both ways depending on what site you're reading
Old 02-22-2014, 10:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Consider gnu ladies choice
ridinbend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 10:45 PM   #5 (permalink)

There's a few tricks to getting more pop or more stability out of your board. But it basically boils down to your weight and the size of the board... Longer boards are going to have less pop but more stability; shorter boards are going to have more pop. But if you have good weight control you can put your weight into your carves and get more stability.

And of course, if you want to go faster, try to find a board with a sintered base. It will hold more wax and of course make you go faster.

Might want to look at this board, I know a few people on here recommend it, and its pretty much good at everything: Ladies Choice – GNU.com EDIT: What ridinbend said. :P
KellionBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 10:46 PM   #6 (permalink)

thanks just looked into it that looks a lot better than the other gnu board
Old 02-22-2014, 10:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Haven't been on the C3BTX B Pro but have the C2BTX version. It's poppy enough for me and stable on landing the smaller stuff I do. Fun in the trees. It is on the stiffer side so it likes speed; however, when conditions are choppy I'll switch to my other (softer) board. Otherwise I'm fighting to not get tossed (east coast conditions).

Demoed a board recently that you may want to consider, the Launch Vice RC. This board was super fun; I really liked it. In uneven terrain where I'd want to dial it back with the B Pro, the Vice was pushable and stable. Did not take it into the trees as there are no glades at that hill, but it was fun through the bumps. I'm 120lbs and rode the 148 (the rep said ideally he'd put me on one size down from the 48).

Here's an excellent review 2014 Launch Vice RC Snowboard Used and Reviewed «
EatRideSleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 10:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
Fire on Ice...and Powder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellionBane View Post
More pop = more rocker (reverse camber)
Um, what??

You'll have to explain that connection to me please.
GreyDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 11:41 PM   #9 (permalink)

ns infinity

hybrid rocker = more pop
24WERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 03:00 AM   #10 (permalink)
Resident poet

I’m a fan of the Gnus; the Bpro…have demo’d and if were to buy another board it would be it or a billygoat c2 in the 156…really the billygoat and bpro are fairly similar…but slightly different as far as torsionally stiffness. I’m a guy with small feet and ride Baker….these board were designed for and at Baker. It is an aggressive, all mtn shred machine that will handle ice, pow, trees, blasting, natty and drops; and if you want a more aggressive board you have to start looking at men’s boards that are stiffer.

BTW, pop has nothing to do with length…its about camber profile and stiffness. Added length and more stiff will add stability at bombing speeds. The Bpro c3 version will have a bit more pop than the c2…but both c2 and c3 are relatively lifeless…if you want pop…go with a full cambered board. A cambered board will also give your more stability for bombing but will be slightly less playful and less agile compared to a c2…and a c3 will split the difference between a cambered and a c2. I personally found that the c3 did not make that much difference vs c2 compared to a cambered stiffy. I regularly ride a billygoat c2 159 split and an old fully cambered stiff twin 155….and a bpro would fit right in the middle..c3 for more stability and stiffness and a c2 for more agility…splitting hairs.

Rank based on my demoing
Billygoat=hyper aggressive…but smallest size is a 156
Bpro=aggressive…largest size is a 155…so perhaps a smaller version
Lady choice=more playful but only comes in a c2
Roxy eminence and infinity were both too flexy/noodlily for my liking.
There are also narrow versions of probably similar boards in the Lib tech line you might want to check out.

Anyway have no idea where you ride or your stats…but if you want to progress…imho get a bpro; my billygoat has certainly forced me to progress. When you venture in to advance/expert…its really about skills…you can make anything work…but having the right tool that allows you to do what you want is the ticket….and the differences in the board design becomes a personal choice based on subtleties.

Last edited by wrathfuldeity; 02-23-2014 at 03:03 AM.
wrathfuldeity is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arbor swoon, burton deja vu, gnu b-pro, never summer infinity, women's board