Anyone have experience with the Smokin TTX (Thrash Rocker) - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 111 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Harjim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New York
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone have experience with the Smokin TTX (Thrash Rocker)

Looking for some people who have some experience using the TTX/thrash rocker from Smokin. I am curious to know how it handles as an all mountain board for groomers, pow, park, chop and trees. I'm finding very limited information on it so any user experience would be awesome. Thanks!
Harjim is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 111 (permalink) Old 03-11-2014, 06:55 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 751
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
it's good. it's basically like a soft camber
Supra is offline  
post #3 of 111 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 02:59 PM
Veteran Member
 
jdang307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,931
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I'm interested in more responses too. Nolesfan has one I think.

I got onto a K2 Happy Hour with the lifted precision baseline, which is flat and then camber at the edges. Not sure I'm sold on it yet, need some more days. I miss the playfullness of Arbor Rocker and NS r/c.

The Thrash is supposedly less rocker than r/c but more than say, C3. The rocker actually touches un-weighted, but the board doesn't rock back and forth.

I really, really don't need another board, and only have one more trip left, which I'm going to get more days on the happy hour, but Smokin is selling a TTX board for $250 and I keep looking at it.
jdang307 is offline  
post #4 of 111 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 03:33 PM
Veteran Member
 
scotty100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 760
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
What are they selling for $250? Good price...their boards are bomber. If you hit up Tahoe before the end of the season you can demo smokin at Tahoe Dave's board and rental in truckee. I've always had an eye on them too...fondled a few last month...they need to sort out their flex ratings a bit more...superpark seemed softer than I expected...awsym board is the one that looks, well, awesome...
scotty100 is offline  
post #5 of 111 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 05:39 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty100 View Post
What are they selling for $250? Good price...their boards are bomber. If you hit up Tahoe before the end of the season you can demo smokin at Tahoe Dave's board and rental in truckee. I've always had an eye on them too...fondled a few last month...they need to sort out their flex ratings a bit more...superpark seemed softer than I expected...awsym board is the one that looks, well, awesome...
$250 boards now are various blems and used demos with a fresh base.

I agree on the flex ratings. I'm interested in the KT-22, they rate it an 8 or 9 (depending on year) but what does that mean when people are saying the rated 6 park flex boards are on the soft side of medium? I wouldn't want it if it was as stiff as a T Rice.

Last edited by wind gypsy; 03-12-2014 at 05:42 PM.
wind gypsy is offline  
post #6 of 111 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 05:50 PM
Veteran Member
 
scotty100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 760
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wind gypsy View Post
$250 boards now are various blems and used demos with a fresh base.

I agree on the flex ratings. I'm interested in the KT-22, they rate it an 8 or 9 (depending on year) but what does that mean when people are saying the rated 6 park flex boards are on the soft side of medium? I wouldn't want it if it was as stiff as a T Rice.
The KT-22 I checked out was pretty stiff, I think their rating of a 9 is spot on. I then compared the awsym to the superpark, both rated as a 6/10 and the awysm seemed stiffer than the superpark, which was surprisingly softer to me. I'd rate the awsym as a 7 and the superpark as a 5 (when compared to the KT22as a 9).

Now of course, I'm only hand flexing in the store, so hardly accurate, there's probably stiffness variations in the tip and tail etc. but noticeable differences between each of them none the less.
scotty100 is offline  
post #7 of 111 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 06:30 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
SnowDogWax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: SnowDogSkiWax.com, PA
Posts: 2,345
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdang307 View Post
I'm interested in more responses too. Nolesfan has one I think.

I got onto a K2 Happy Hour with the lifted precision baseline, which is flat and then camber at the edges. Not sure I'm sold on it yet, need some more days. I miss the playfullness of Arbor Rocker and NS r/c.

The Thrash is supposedly less rocker than r/c but more than say, C3. The rocker actually touches un-weighted, but the board doesn't rock back and forth.

I really, really don't need another board, and only have one more trip left, which I'm going to get more days on the happy hour, but Smokin is selling a TTX board for $250 and I keep looking at it.
I really did'nt need another board either, but smokin sale was to good to pass up, so board # 10 is on its way
SnowDogWax is offline  
post #8 of 111 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 11:37 PM
Veteran Member
 
scotty100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 760
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDogWax View Post
I really did'nt need another board either, but smokin sale was to good to pass up, so board # 10 is on its way
Dude you're an inspiration... keep rippin it
scotty100 is offline  
post #9 of 111 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 11:47 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 5,854
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 453 Post(s)
My super park is only slightly more flexy than my awesymetrical. It varies in flex by length so make sure when you are flexing boards your doing it with same size boards.

Txt is a great profile for all around riding. The edge hold is amazing as it has a pretty dominant camber with some rocker between the Feet. The center of the board is. Still elevated when on a flat surface. Kinda like c2-btx from mervin. I still prefer clash rocker for my all mountain Freeride board and it still floats pow better than thrash rocker. Thrash is strong for charging and holding that edge and is decent in pow.... My son likes the thrash for all around riding and park, rails and jumps up to monster sized. He has the team series in thrash rocker. It's just slightly stiffer than the super park. He also likes the clash in deep powder.

I also have a couple kt22, Bonaire, hooligans, buck fertons, pinner(brand new still)
Argo is offline  
post #10 of 111 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 11:59 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How do you like the bon aire? That one caught my eye but it doesn't look like it made it to the '15 line up.
wind gypsy is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome