Anyone have experience with the Smokin TTX (Thrash Rocker) - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2014, 02:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Anyone have experience with the Smokin TTX (Thrash Rocker)

Looking for some people who have some experience using the TTX/thrash rocker from Smokin. I am curious to know how it handles as an all mountain board for groomers, pow, park, chop and trees. I'm finding very limited information on it so any user experience would be awesome. Thanks!
Harjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2014, 06:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

it's good. it's basically like a soft camber
Supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 02:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I'm interested in more responses too. Nolesfan has one I think.

I got onto a K2 Happy Hour with the lifted precision baseline, which is flat and then camber at the edges. Not sure I'm sold on it yet, need some more days. I miss the playfullness of Arbor Rocker and NS r/c.

The Thrash is supposedly less rocker than r/c but more than say, C3. The rocker actually touches un-weighted, but the board doesn't rock back and forth.

I really, really don't need another board, and only have one more trip left, which I'm going to get more days on the happy hour, but Smokin is selling a TTX board for $250 and I keep looking at it.
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:33 PM   #4 (permalink)

What are they selling for $250? Good price...their boards are bomber. If you hit up Tahoe before the end of the season you can demo smokin at Tahoe Dave's board and rental in truckee. I've always had an eye on them too...fondled a few last month...they need to sort out their flex ratings a bit more...superpark seemed softer than I expected...awsym board is the one that looks, well, awesome...
scotty100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 05:39 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty100 View Post
What are they selling for $250? Good price...their boards are bomber. If you hit up Tahoe before the end of the season you can demo smokin at Tahoe Dave's board and rental in truckee. I've always had an eye on them too...fondled a few last month...they need to sort out their flex ratings a bit more...superpark seemed softer than I expected...awsym board is the one that looks, well, awesome...
$250 boards now are various blems and used demos with a fresh base.

I agree on the flex ratings. I'm interested in the KT-22, they rate it an 8 or 9 (depending on year) but what does that mean when people are saying the rated 6 park flex boards are on the soft side of medium? I wouldn't want it if it was as stiff as a T Rice.

Last edited by wind gypsy; 03-12-2014 at 05:42 PM.
wind gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 05:50 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wind gypsy View Post
$250 boards now are various blems and used demos with a fresh base.

I agree on the flex ratings. I'm interested in the KT-22, they rate it an 8 or 9 (depending on year) but what does that mean when people are saying the rated 6 park flex boards are on the soft side of medium? I wouldn't want it if it was as stiff as a T Rice.
The KT-22 I checked out was pretty stiff, I think their rating of a 9 is spot on. I then compared the awsym to the superpark, both rated as a 6/10 and the awysm seemed stiffer than the superpark, which was surprisingly softer to me. I'd rate the awsym as a 7 and the superpark as a 5 (when compared to the KT22as a 9).

Now of course, I'm only hand flexing in the store, so hardly accurate, there's probably stiffness variations in the tip and tail etc. but noticeable differences between each of them none the less.
Old 03-12-2014, 06:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdang307 View Post
I'm interested in more responses too. Nolesfan has one I think.

I got onto a K2 Happy Hour with the lifted precision baseline, which is flat and then camber at the edges. Not sure I'm sold on it yet, need some more days. I miss the playfullness of Arbor Rocker and NS r/c.

The Thrash is supposedly less rocker than r/c but more than say, C3. The rocker actually touches un-weighted, but the board doesn't rock back and forth.

I really, really don't need another board, and only have one more trip left, which I'm going to get more days on the happy hour, but Smokin is selling a TTX board for $250 and I keep looking at it.
I really did'nt need another board either, but smokin sale was to good to pass up, so board # 10 is on its way
SnowDogWax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:37 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDogWax View Post
I really did'nt need another board either, but smokin sale was to good to pass up, so board # 10 is on its way
Dude you're an inspiration... keep rippin it
Old 03-12-2014, 11:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

My super park is only slightly more flexy than my awesymetrical. It varies in flex by length so make sure when you are flexing boards your doing it with same size boards.

Txt is a great profile for all around riding. The edge hold is amazing as it has a pretty dominant camber with some rocker between the Feet. The center of the board is. Still elevated when on a flat surface. Kinda like c2-btx from mervin. I still prefer clash rocker for my all mountain Freeride board and it still floats pow better than thrash rocker. Thrash is strong for charging and holding that edge and is decent in pow.... My son likes the thrash for all around riding and park, rails and jumps up to monster sized. He has the team series in thrash rocker. It's just slightly stiffer than the super park. He also likes the clash in deep powder.

I also have a couple kt22, Bonaire, hooligans, buck fertons, pinner(brand new still)
Argo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:59 PM   #10 (permalink)

How do you like the bon aire? That one caught my eye but it doesn't look like it made it to the '15 line up.
wind gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote