Burton Custom - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2014, 04:46 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Burton Custom

Hi guys,

I've just bought a snowboard from Ebay which describes itself as a burton custom B1306 and I was just wondering if this is just an old burton custom or some sort of pseudo custom board? lol...

I did google it and didn't really find anything about it so I was wondering if you could shed some light on it?

Here's some pictures to help

Thanks

[IMG][/IMG]

analogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2014, 07:52 AM   #2 (permalink)

OK, obviously I didn't research hard enough. I've now found out how old it is. 2006 researched from burtonvault.com.

I do have a question about flex. Anyone know if the flex has changed a lot from the older custom boards to the newer boards?

I want to get a new board and I bought this one basically to see how it is. If I don't like it I'll just sell it.

I still need to work out what direction I want to go in though - freeride or freestyle. I can't make up my mind

Last edited by analogue; 02-27-2014 at 08:09 AM.
Old 02-27-2014, 08:08 AM   #3 (permalink)

there are changes to most burton models year to year. undoubtedly, the board's construction is drastically different for the 2014 model than the 06 - poppier, lighter, better construction etc. Not to mention if your board is beaten to shit, its also going to feel a whole lot different than a new 2014 board - lack of pop or flex.

as for what you wanna do, get more saddle time to figure things out. The custom is a all mtn board which will allow you to dabble in both.

On a side note, the cost of a popular used burton board such as the custom fetches such ridiculous prices that you can buy a brand new quality all mtn board from another lesser known manufacturer. just my 2c.
Unowned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 08:10 AM   #4 (permalink)

sweet pictures
Older burton customs are stiffer than the new ones are. I'm pretty sure 2006 is when they kind of changed the profile on them from its old shape.
Naturesabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 08:20 AM   #5 (permalink)

Ok, thanks guys. I've been riding for about five years now, so I'm not a beginner, but I can't work out if I go for happy medium option that I'll potentially get annoyed if it's too much of a compromise, or vice versa. I think probably I'm more of a freerider, but I do like to mess around a bit as well.

Oh well, I'm going to try this board out tomorrow, so let's see what it's like.
Old 02-27-2014, 09:49 AM   #6 (permalink)

an 06 custom cant even be compared to a '14, theyre likely completely different in construction and feel.

Save your money and just hit a demo day.

The questions you ask are rather noob-ish lol...sorry. Five years can mean one day each winter for all we know, just saying.

It's like my friend who won't take up snowboarding because he's been skiing 'all his life'...ya, all 15 days of his skiing 'career'.
Unowned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:08 AM   #7 (permalink)

I probably ride about 10-15 days a year on average.

I've already rented out some other boards and sizes to give me some ideas. I just want to take my time before I buy a new board so I don't end up with something that I work out after a while isn't what I want.

Last edited by analogue; 02-27-2014 at 10:53 AM. Reason: grammar