Should I pick a 149 or 153? PARK BOARD! URGENT - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2014, 08:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Should I pick a 149 or 153? PARK BOARD! URGENT

Hey guys, I have been riding a lot of park this year. I decided to buy a new board since they just went in special. This season, I rode a Capita Horrorscope 150 and really liked it. Only thing I disliked about it is that it's a tinny bit too soft.

I am 5'8" and weight 160lbs.

I wanna buy a Capita Ultrafear! My choice would have been a 151 but they are sold out. They only have a 153 and 149 left.

Wont a 153 be a little too long and harder to do 180s and 360s?
Was also wondering if it would change anything on rails?

Is the 149 just too small for my height? guess it wouldnt be stable on big jumps?

Thanks for your help! going to buy it tomorrow morning
James4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2014, 08:47 PM   #2 (permalink)

im not much of a park rider but i'd suggest the 153. it'll probably give you a little more stability
SkullAndXbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:34 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullAndXbones View Post
im not much of a park rider but i'd suggest the 153. it'll probably give you a little more stability
Yea, I know that. I will probably end up buying the 153 tomorrow. Were mainly wondering about how manoeuvrable the board is going to be on rails and 360s.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by James4444 View Post
Yea, I know that. I will probably end up buying the 153 tomorrow. Were mainly wondering about how manoeuvrable the board is going to be on rails and 360s.
You are big enough that you shouldnt have much problem moving it around. Sure you maybe would want the 49 for a street deck, pure jibbing, but if you are gonna hit any booters over 20', you will probably be glad you took the extra 2 inches.

And remember, in the world of spins, 180s and 360s dont even count in terms of crazy physics. If you can do 360s, 10cm isn't gonna make a difference, 720+ now it matters.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:45 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowklinger View Post
You are big enough that you shouldnt have much problem moving it around. Sure you maybe would want the 49 for a street deck, pure jibbing, but if you are gonna hit any booters over 20', you will probably be glad you took the extra 2 inches.

And remember, in the world of spins, 180s and 360s dont even count in terms of crazy physics. If you can do 360s, 10cm isn't gonna make a difference, 720+ now it matters.
Great information, exactly what I wanted to know. Thank you! I will go with the 153cm!