Looking For FreeStyle - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2007, 03:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Ladorn45

Default Looking For FreeStyle

Hey Everyone,

I am in the process of getting a new board and i am leaning towards a free style board. I am about 6'2 and weigh about 220 pounds and have a size 13 shoe. I am looking for a board that has good flex and is good for the park as well as the pipe. I want to get into that more, but i also want a board that can hold its own on the moutain as well. I want to be able to go out and cruise the mountain as well, and if i pass by the pipe just jump on. I do have a freeride board that i will be using for powder days, but I would prefer to use my new board if possible. Also my max that i would want to spend on a board is about 500, which i think is a good amount.

The Two boards that I was considering are.

Arbor Mystic - I love the concept of the bamboo core, and i have been having trouble finding reviews on this board but the ones that i did find were good reviews.

Ride DH - I have read all good reviews and many people recomend this board

Just curious to what you guys think and if there any other boards you think might good and why. Also if you know any sites that have good reviews on boards to thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2007, 03:43 PM   #2 (permalink)

If your only looking to ride park as you cruise the mountain then your probably looking towards more of an all mountain board. Saying that my buddy had a DH last year and tore up the whole mountain with it so I guess it can do the job, I didnt ride it myself though. With those feet would you not be looking towards something with a wider waist though?
Snowjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 03:55 PM   #3 (permalink)

Don't look at normal waisted boards mang. Your feet are too big, even if you do manage to go down a size or two.
boarderaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 04:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Ladorn45

what board would you recomend then. I like the mystic concept with the bambo and i would like a board that has felx beacuse my last board had almost no flex.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
st.stark

Even a midwide might not do the job. You'll probably need a wide board...but that shouldn't be too much of a problem because a lot of companies make their boards in wide as well...
Old 10-16-2007, 04:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
Danimal!!!!!!

Location: Frederick, MD in other words to far from the big mountains

Look at Rome boards they have three or four that are specifically designed for the rider with a bigger foot. For instance the Machine is their freestyle big footed board. They also have the Slash which is like a wide Agent and the Manual is a wide Crail I think, the Flag is a Wide board to but it is not a freestyle ride.

Last edited by Dcp584; 10-16-2007 at 04:25 PM.
Dcp584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 04:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The Rome Flag is actually an all mountain board, from what the guys at rome say it isn't the best for hitting the rails but will perform awesome on kickers and in the pipe. Also check out the GNU 11up w or w/out MTX and the LibTech Dark Series wide is probably the best choice but costs a bit more...it also now has MTX
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 12:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
Ladorn45

Lib Technologies Skunk Ape Magnetraction Snowboard what you think of that board. Also raiser you think they are worth it or just give in to a wide board
Old 10-17-2007, 01:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I know the SkunkApe is an all-mountain board more tuned to free-riding like the Rome Flag, and the GNU 11up w/MTX would be the more freestyle oriented board but still able to handle the rest of the mountain.
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 01:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
Ladorn45

okay cool do you guys know any good sights that have good reviews on boards?