New park board, to many to choice from !! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2014, 01:34 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default New park board, to many to choice from !!

What's up guys I'm new to the forum but I have been reading a bunch on prior posts about park boards and I would to hear what board you think would be best for me.

I am and intermediate rider who already owns an all mountain board (lib tech attack banana 153) but mainly rides park so I am looking to get a board strictly for park riding.

Stats: weight -170 pounds
height- 5 foot 8 inches

I live on the east coast so I mainly ride icy conditions. I don't hit any jumps bigger then 25 ft and love to jib (rails,tubes,boxes etc)

So here's the list of boards I came up with and if you guys can give me any experience or if you can compare the boards I would appreciate it. Thanks

2014 Flow verve 152
2014 Ride Kink 152
2014 K2 World Wide weapon 151
2014 Arbor Westmark 150
2014 Bataleon airobic 151 (if it goes on sale after season ends)
pillozthebarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2014, 09:36 AM   #2 (permalink)

Kink if you want a flat based board.
Westmark is you want a rocker.

My opinion. I rock the kink.
ICary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 11:05 AM   #3 (permalink)

i'm about your stats, about 2" taller and have been riding a lobster park board 151. it's basically a sintered ariobic from what i understand... and i love it.

i've been riding it on icy conditions here in the south rockies for a couple months before the recent snow, and although people sometimes complain about TBT on ice, it's a really solid board on ice and hardpack once you get a bit aggressive with it.

i have ridden it in 2 ft of powder, and even though it's short, it floats and it's super fun to whip around... it's fun in the trees... i really can't say anything bad about this board.

you might also look into others in the bataleon line, if you're strictly park and mostly jibs and smaller jumps, the disaster is suuuuuuuuuper fun as well. i can also vouch for the fun.kink as its camber is a bit more pronounced and it seems to have a bit more pop in my experience.

really, your list seems pretty solid, and i don't think you'll go wrong with any of those. tech differences are just something you'll get used to, and it's probably not anything to stress about!

Last edited by stan_darsh; 03-04-2014 at 11:08 AM.
stan_darsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 11:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

My personal favorite of all those is the Verve. Best balance of jib and snap in my experience.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 11:28 AM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks guys for all the responses, I just wonder how the flow can be as good as the bataleon/lobster when it's so much less money. I understand money doesn't always buy quality but in my experience it usually does. Do you think the verve is softer then the bataleon aerobic / lobster park board or even the ride kink ?

Last edited by pillozthebarber; 03-04-2014 at 12:23 PM.
Old 03-04-2014, 12:22 PM   #6 (permalink)

Heres the flex test on the lobster park board Lobster Park Board Flex Test - Board Insiders - Stiffness of the Lobster Park Board snowboard? - YouTube

heres the verve Flow Verve Flex Test - Board Insiders - What is the stiffness of the Flow Verve snowboard? - YouTube

Boardinsiders does not do a flex test on the ride kink so i cannot gauge it, but IMO it seems like the lobster is more flexy then the verve

Last edited by pillozthebarber; 03-04-2014 at 12:29 PM.
Old 03-04-2014, 03:03 PM   #7 (permalink)

those youtube flex tests don't really amount to much imo.

even flexing the board by hand in the shop won't tell you how it's really going to ride.
i think any of the ones you picked will be fine for your type of riding... nivek is someone who's ridden, like, every board, so i'd take his advice a bit more seriously than most... i can only offer first hand knowledge on the lobster/bataleons as that's what i've ridden out of those you mentioned.
stan_darsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 03:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillozthebarber View Post
Thanks guys for all the responses, I just wonder how the flow can be as good as the bataleon/lobster when it's so much less money. I understand money doesn't always buy quality but in my experience it usually does. Do you think the verve is softer then the bataleon aerobic / lobster park board or even the ride kink ?
They're honestly all pretty close in terms of flex. But then you have to consider that you're looking at Flat, Camber, and RC.

The price vs content of Flow boards is part of what makes them so good. The sidecut are some of the best I've ever ridden, their RC is one of two I'll even ride, and they usually have more tech than any other boards in the same price range. Honestly they could justifiably sell pretty much all their boards for $50 more than they do.

The variety flex test is one of the major reasons you should ignore Board Insiders. It actually tells you nothing.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 04:19 PM   #9 (permalink)

Thanks again guys, I Def will take his advice more seriously, I mostly came up with that list from all of his recommendations. I only have ridden my attack banana which is the banana rocker, so I have no experience with any of the rest. What do you think would feel most similar to that ? The verve correct ?
Old 03-04-2014, 04:44 PM   #10 (permalink)

I have been riding a verve all year. I can't say what the other boards ride like, but for the money I paid I have absolutely no regrets. It's a fun playful board. I love mine
christopherbbj is offline   Reply With Quote