Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Rossignol Templar Board Sizing Help (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/132369-rossignol-templar-board-sizing-help.html)

diver1183 03-04-2014 12:16 PM

Rossignol Templar Board Sizing Help

Hey guys, need help on picking a size board. I'm pretty sold on the Rossignol Templar and thought I was gonna do the 159 wide, but it turns out I don't necessarily NEED a wide board. I thought I was a size 12 boot, my shoe size is 12, but apparently I can squeeze into a size 10/10.5. So my boots could probably just squeeze on a regular width 158 Templar - which has a 250cm waist width. However, I looked at the recommended weight range, and I am at the very top of it at 175lbs. I'm also 6ft tall, so 159 would be about the shortest I would go.

From your knowledge/experience, do you think I'll be good on the 158 regular? Or do I need to bump up to the 159 wide, or 162 wide (all the longer sizes are wide)?

Thanks!

linvillegorge 03-04-2014 12:22 PM

Don't "squeeze" into boots. Buy boots that fit and if that requires you to get a wide board then so be it. The wide equation usually starts coming into play around size 11 or so.

Why do you want the Templar? I have a 158, so if you have any questions fire away. If you wanna buy mine, even better... :laugh:

diver1183 03-04-2014 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linvillegorge (Post 1587065)
Don't "squeeze" into boots. Buy boots that fit and if that requires you to get a wide board then so be it. The wide equation usually starts coming into play around size 11 or so.

Why do you want the Templar? I have a 158, so if you have any questions fire away. If you wanna buy mine, even better... :laugh:

Yeah, I don't mean to say I'm forcing myself into smaller boots - but the sales guy at the board shop insisted I was a size 10/10.5, and that any toe squeeze would be solved by the liner packing out. So I'm just taking his word for it!

I did a bunch of research, and the Templar seemed to be a good match for my abilities/riding goals. I'm and intermediate rider and do all-mountain/free-riding only, no park, but want something with good hold for icy east coast pack snow. I also looked at the Ride Wild Life, and the K2 Turbo Dream, but from what I read online, the Templar was the best performer of the group with a little bit of added camber (vs flat) and the magtek edge. How did you like it?

I'd certainly consider it, haha! You can PM me on price and details...

PorkCereal 03-04-2014 12:50 PM

My brother matches your stats closely and rode my 158 Templar. He didn't have any issues with a 10.5 boot. I'm only 5'7 but around 175 and the more i ride the board the more i like it. The larger board you go to the harder its going to be for you to maneuver. Also your angles will have a little to do with your boots fitting. I don't think it would really be an issue.
As far as the board, i like it in the icy crap we normally get in the north east. On fresh pow days i have trouble but that's just due to my lack of experience on fresh deepish snow.

linvillegorge 03-04-2014 12:50 PM

It was just way softer than I was expecting and the camber between the bindings is so miniscule that it's basically flat. It's just not the board I thought I was buying.

This would be a tremendous beginner or low level intermediate board. Very easy to ride. Easy turn initiation and forgiving. Not damp in the slightest though.

Just honest feedback on it.

You can buy it on evo.com for $150. I'm in CO and I'd prefer to sell it locally because it would probably cost $25 or so to ship and by the time I ship it I'd have to take a beating on it to sell it to you at a significant enough discount to justify you buying it from me over evo. Again, just being honest. :thumbsup:

diver1183 03-04-2014 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linvillegorge (Post 1587201)
It was just way softer than I was expecting and the camber between the bindings is so miniscule that it's basically flat. It's just not the board I thought I was buying.

This would be a tremendous beginner or low level intermediate board. Very easy to ride. Easy turn initiation and forgiving. Not damp in the slightest though.

Just honest feedback on it.

You can buy it on evo.com for $150. I'm in CO and I'd prefer to sell it locally because it would probably cost $25 or so to ship and by the time I ship it I'd have to take a beating on it to sell it to you at a significant enough discount to justify you buying it from me over evo. Again, just being honest. :thumbsup:

Yeah, dude, no problem at all! It does make way more sense to buy from evo anyways.

And yes, just looking for honest feedback! I was also thinking about the One Magtek (and the Ride Berzerker vs the Wild Life) but it sounded more aggressive/catchy than I needed. If you have another opinion, def let me know.

But in terms of sizing - if my boot fits on the 158 do you think I should go with that? Or do I need the wider/bigger board for weight/stability?

linvillegorge 03-04-2014 01:06 PM

I thought the Templar rode quite a bit shorter than it measures.

What level of rider are you? If you're a beginner or low to mid-level intermediate, I'd just buy the Templar for $150 and roll with it.

If you're more advanced than that, I think the One Magtek would serve you better.

diver1183 03-04-2014 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linvillegorge (Post 1587273)
I thought the Templar rode quite a bit shorter than it measures.

What level of rider are you? If you're a beginner or low to mid-level intermediate, I'd just buy the Templar for $150 and roll with it.

If you're more advanced than that, I think the One Magtek would serve you better.

I'm in the low-to-mid-level intermediate category. So I suppose I'll just give the Templar a go. Surely can't beat the price!

Yeah I figured it may ride a little short given the rocker tips. I'm used to riding a shorter board. But do you think I'll be ok in the 158? Or do I need to go up to the 150/162 wide?

linvillegorge 03-04-2014 01:31 PM

It just depends on what you like to do. If you like to charge hard or plan to do so in the future, I'd size up a bit. If you ride on the east coast or midwest, definitely just go with the 158.

I think the Templar would suit you well. I was just disappointed in it and I feel like Rossi misrepresents the board. It's a perfect board for the beginner or low-level intermediate, but it's not the mid-stiff board Rossi presents it as. Not even close. It's a borderline noodle IMO, at least compared to other boards in that mid-stiff category.

diver1183 03-04-2014 07:09 PM

Just spoke to a customer service dude at evo who said the Templar runs a bit narrow, and I should go with the wide (its only 1cm wider) for a size 10/10.5 boot. Should I ignore him and go with the 158 regular anyways? Or consider the wide?