Birdman 165, La Nina 164, or Brando by Lando 162 for Mammoth pow days!?!?! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2014, 01:31 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Birdman 165, La Nina 164, or Brando by Lando 162 for Mammoth pow days!?!?!

Stoked on all of the good information on this forum I've been reading reviews and threads about these boards and I'm pulling the trigger on one asap so looking for any and all input…

So I had just spent an hour typing a long description of what I'm looking for and what I'm riding etc…. then hit post and I wasn't logged in. So maybe that was a sign that I typed too much. Here goes again... Looking for a resort pow board for Mammoth. I'm 36, been riding for 20 years this year.. 5'11" 175-180 size 10.5 boots, currently riding a 2013 Jamie Lynn C2BTX with Now IPO's and love it but just want something a little easier/more user friendly/playful to run fast through the trees and down the chutes. Then when it gets chunky later in the day something that will blast through or over it without blinking. I've been leaning towards the Birdman because people that have ridden them seem to love them, I like the horsepower construction, and option of up to 4" setback but all of these look good in their own way. Also wondering if I'm looking at the correct size Birdman or if I should be considering the 170 since the additional length seems to just be in the nose.

This board will be primarily for inbound resort pow riding, and will be added to my quiver of the 160 Jamie Lynn I mentioned above and a 164 Jones Solution split.

Looking for input from those that have ridden any of these and in what type of conditions although I'm not closed minded so if theres one that I'm missing please share your opinion.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to provide your input, I appreciate it.

Last edited by Record; 03-05-2014 at 01:34 AM. Reason: clarification
Record is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2014, 01:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

you could consider a brando by lando 162. You really don't need to go to 170 with your size - it's not going to make tree runs easier

edit: just saw you had the brando in the title. I vote for that one, but I do want to try a la nina
Supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 01:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
ETM
Veteran Member

I just love my birdman.
ETM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 02:19 AM   #4 (permalink)

ETM your videos and detailed information of the Birdman in the older post were super helpful that think looks like it flat out rips. Supra yeah I'm interested to hear how that La Nina works, seems like it has a similarish nose to the bird man but more towards a quiver killer rather than a more pow specific shape? I haven't seen any of these boards in person. With the 10.5 boot the 25.5 width of the Brando is probably as narrow as I could go and get away with it, the Birdman is 26 wide which is right in my zone. Anyone that's ridden the La Nina I'd be stoked to hear your experience.. Thanks for the reply's.
Record is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:04 AM   #5 (permalink)

I can vouch for the Brando. I rode the 58 up there this past weekend (June actually), and it killed, especially after things got tracked. It's a pretty mellow sidecut, which isn't my favorite on groomers, but I liked that aspect in heavy pow.
buggravy is offline   Reply With Quote