seeking board, binding, boot recommendations - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2007, 09:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
eelcandy

Default seeking board, binding, boot recommendations

Hi folks! I'm new to the forum. I have gone snowboarding about 15 times but the last time I went was 5 years ago! I'm thinking about getting back into snowboarding in a big way, though. I live in Boise, Idaho and plan on getting a season pass for Bogus Basin. I am looking for recommendations for a beginner that plans on going snowboarding 20+ times this season alone (so keep in mind I will want to progress). I don't have anything yet, so I'm open to recommendations for the board, bindings, boots, goggles, etc. Thanks in advance!

Here are the details:
Male, 6'2", 165 lbs. (I'm pretty skinny), size 10 foot. My feet are narrow w/ high arches.
I'm interested in an all-around board or maybe something that leans toward the freeride-side of the spectrum. I'm still a little too intimidated of the park and like the idea of being able to ride all over the mountain. Plus my fondest snowboarding memories involve powder (not that Bogus Basin sees a lot of that).

Here are a couple things I've had my eye on:

Board: Nitro Revolt Midwide 162 cm (last year's model... it's on sale... plus it got a Future Snowboarding MVP nod and the description says it is "easy to ride and progress with," plus it is described as an "all-around board")

Boots: Salomon F22 (heard Salomon is the way to go for narrow feet and that "the best thing to put your $$$ into is the boots")

Um... and Holden jacket and pants, maybe.

Thanks, again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2007, 09:50 PM   #2 (permalink)

Try the boots! Try the boots on!!! And Idaho is east or west?...(My American geography is awful!)
boarderaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 10:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
eelcandy

yeah, I'll definately be trying on the boots at my local shop before I do any purchasing. Idaho is West, next to Washington, Oregon and Montana.