seeking board, binding, boot recommendations - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 09:43 PM
eelcandy

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
seeking board, binding, boot recommendations

Hi folks! I'm new to the forum. I have gone snowboarding about 15 times but the last time I went was 5 years ago! I'm thinking about getting back into snowboarding in a big way, though. I live in Boise, Idaho and plan on getting a season pass for Bogus Basin. I am looking for recommendations for a beginner that plans on going snowboarding 20+ times this season alone (so keep in mind I will want to progress). I don't have anything yet, so I'm open to recommendations for the board, bindings, boots, goggles, etc. Thanks in advance!

Here are the details:
Male, 6'2", 165 lbs. (I'm pretty skinny), size 10 foot. My feet are narrow w/ high arches.
I'm interested in an all-around board or maybe something that leans toward the freeride-side of the spectrum. I'm still a little too intimidated of the park and like the idea of being able to ride all over the mountain. Plus my fondest snowboarding memories involve powder (not that Bogus Basin sees a lot of that).

Here are a couple things I've had my eye on:

Board: Nitro Revolt Midwide 162 cm (last year's model... it's on sale... plus it got a Future Snowboarding MVP nod and the description says it is "easy to ride and progress with," plus it is described as an "all-around board")

Boots: Salomon F22 (heard Salomon is the way to go for narrow feet and that "the best thing to put your $$$ into is the boots")

Um... and Holden jacket and pants, maybe.

Thanks, again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 09:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Try the boots! Try the boots on!!! And Idaho is east or west?...(My American geography is awful!)
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 10:03 PM
eelcandy

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
yeah, I'll definately be trying on the boots at my local shop before I do any purchasing. Idaho is West, next to Washington, Oregon and Montana.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode