im so confused. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2007, 11:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
yachattack

Default im so confused.

i have been reading pages and pages of forum history on this site and i have come to the realization that there is so many different brands out there but the 3 brands that really seem to stick out for their quality is burton, rome, and forum.

in terms of boards that are catogorized between free-ride and a park board, which brand of those three makes the best board? in terms of lightness, and quality, durability, regardless of price. because i wanna get a board thats really good for the park, like for rails, and jumps, but not just good for park riding.

i weight about 180, 6'feet tall, with small feet.

Please help me cuz im having trouble picking and the winter is coming!!!AHHHH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2007, 11:57 PM   #2 (permalink)

Well burton is a huge brand. They probably are the most recognized and if $$ isn't a factor i'm sure burton could satisfy what is needed. I say scratch Forum. Rome is a great brand. Nitro is a great brand. Lib tech. GNU. They all offer awesome stuff. Sounds like you wanna follow the crowd and Burton would do that... and if $$$ isn't an issue the Burton Vapor is one of the lightest boards, burton has good history and there quality isn't bad. For me I'd rather try other boards than burton. I notice on this forum people push Rome a bunch. I'm thinking of purchasing one for my next board, but i can't seem to stray away from my Nitro. .... You said you want a park board but one that just doesn't target the park. How much freeride/park do you do?
rrrtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 12:36 AM   #3 (permalink)
yachattack

yea, i just really want an excellant board..but it does seem like alot of people think romes an awesome brand, so i might consider them. but i do i mostly have done freeriding/jumps, until now this year, i wanna go crazy in the park and if i kill myself so be it. but yea, im looking at the rome anthem and im gonna go check out the vapor very quick lol.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:48 AM   #4 (permalink)

rome agent sounds sick too... seems little more park oriented than anthem. To be honest I wouldn't really look at the vapor ($1000). I'd rather get 2 great boards. Plus the technology in boards get updated every year...

Last edited by rrrtx; 10-17-2007 at 12:53 AM.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
JiveTalkinRobot

The Vapor is stiff as heck. It is a one trick pony. If you have demoed it you will know what I mean. It is designed to do one thing and one thing only....go fast.

Rome is excellent. Forum is now owned by Burton and they are starting to make some real quality boards again. Nitro, Lib, Gnu, Atomic, O-Matic, Unity, Stepchild, and K2 all have real quality boards.

Don't limit yourself..... make sure you talk to the right people before you go and buy something.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:53 AM   #6 (permalink)
yachattack

o.k. yea, what is up with the vapor...$1000!!!!! and if its stiff why are they charging so much...i guess who knows. but the rome agent and romes new board the mod look really awesome. but i hear good things about the burton customs...

but i just want everyones opinion. and thanks for replying!!
Old 10-17-2007, 02:01 AM   #7 (permalink)

Yeah Mod is sort of new i think but i've heard good things about it also. My next board will be nitro or rome.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:48 AM   #8 (permalink)
JiveTalkinRobot

I agree with Wolf. The Atomic Alibi is a solid board. The Hatchet is a super fun board for semi all mountain and park riding.