Boot recommendation..... - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2007, 12:34 AM   #11 (permalink)
Lasto

Haha I just bought some Burton Motos yesterday, I've never used a quicklace system and it was a bit confusing at first (it was from a brand new shop here in germnay ran by a couple swiss guys that spoke very little english) but once you figure it out it's pretty nice. Very quick to put on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2007, 12:48 AM   #12 (permalink)
storrisch

I don't like that Burton quick lace system. Just doesn't seem finished enough for me. I also feel like the laces will wear out being pressure fit in that clasp and then ripped past to loosen them. Let me know how they have held up end of season.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:24 AM   #13 (permalink)
Lasto

I was worried about the durability of the laces as well. The dude who sold them to me said that it won't be a problem...but like i said it's a brand new store and i don't know these guys very well. I'll post a thread at the end of the season and let ya know if they held true or not.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:28 AM   #14 (permalink)
Samyaksambuddhas

laces ain't nothing customer services can't and won't fix.

when i shredded the laces on my old malamutes, (due to resting my board edge on my free foot when on the lift) salomon were more than happy to send me two set of replacement laces for both inner and outer, within a week, in full knowledge that i had buggered up the goods not them!

respect is due to the big Sal!
Old 10-19-2007, 05:42 AM   #15 (permalink)
Lasto

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaoloSmythe
laces ain't nothing customer services can't and won't fix.

when i shredded the laces on my old malamutes, (due to resting my board edge on my free foot when on the lift) salomon were more than happy to send me two set of replacement laces for both inner and outer, within a week, in full knowledge that i had buggered up the goods not them!

respect is due to the big Sal!
Sweet! I hope Burton is as helpful as the guys at Sal (should the problem arise).
Old 10-19-2007, 06:38 AM   #16 (permalink)
Samyaksambuddhas

be optimistic lasto. the Big B were more than happy to replace, free of charge (inclusive of shipping to and from Deutschland) my old board which i delaminated.

the board was waaaaaaay older than its warranty period (altho still quite new to me) and they happily replaced it with a new plank which had a limited edition design! (altho they completely ignored my efforts to persuade them to part exchange it for a better model. i was trying my luck i must confess!)

customer service in the snowboard industry seems to be tip top; it is a ruthlessly competitive industry and so retaining customers to provoke loyalty is the primo objective it seems. to this end, keeping people who already wear your brand is cheaper than other marketing efforts.....

you'll be fine!
Old 10-19-2007, 07:22 AM   #17 (permalink)
Lasto

Wow Burton replaced your plank and paid for shipping and all after the warrenty?! That's above and beyond. Definitely eased my worries about those laces. Living in Deutschland myself i was a little worried that it'd be a pain in the arse. Thanks for the info, Paolo!
Old 10-19-2007, 07:33 AM   #18 (permalink)
Samyaksambuddhas

the only thing i had to do, was take the board to my local burton retailer. they shipped it to and from the main supplier / test center in germany.

the cool thing is, i had bought the board from a store in italy. it was a chance find, coz i was looking for a junker board for those days when there is more rock than snow. i was just about to quit my hunt, when i found this plank covered in dust at the back of a store room. it was probably there for about 2 years already and so i paid less than £100 for it.

the replacement that i got after i delamed the first one retailed at about £200.

ca-ching!
Old 10-19-2007, 07:46 AM   #19 (permalink)
Lasto

nice! I'm all about finding the hidden deals. I didn't even know they had test centers here until today. But still buying the boards on the Euro are $$. if you're on the pound i'm sure you're loving that exchange rate haha.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:25 AM   #20 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Ride is excellent with there customer service...I snapped one of the plastic clips for the quick adjust on the ankle strap of my SPi's which was 100% my fault as I screwed it down too tight and then tried to press it down anyway and they replaced it within the week and free of charge even out of warranty. Drake also is awesome
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote