Board at Work - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2007, 07:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
Lasto

Default Board at Work

Hello all, brand new to snowboardingforum. I've decided that I'm done renting and would like to invest in a intermediate setup geared more towards mountain freeride, but could take into the park on occasion (staying off the rails though). As far as my specs I'm a 6'4" male, size 13 shoe, 205lbs, 24yrs old. And I'll be riding on the Bavarian/Austrian Alps. Also looking to buy some bindings. I'll be purchasing these on-line but i'll go to the local board shop to find some boots...though I'll buy those on-line too. The Euro is killing me over here. (In the Air Force stationed in Western Bavaria)I'd appreciate any advice.

Right now i'm thinking the Lib Tech TRS 162cm for $359 with some Rome 390's for $190 at the-house. I'm looking to try to keep the board, boots, and bindings just under $600. But can go a little over if it's worth it.

Last edited by Lasto; 10-17-2007 at 08:21 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2007, 09:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The TRS is going to be a bit narrow for your 13 feet. I'd look at the GNU 11up w or w/out MTX, the Lib SkunkApe, or what I just got on is a Rome Flag. You should be in the 162-165 range based on your weight and height. I have 13 feet too which is why I know the TRS will not fit. All those boards are in the $400-500 range in terms of bindings I haven't ridden them but everything I hear about the 390's is awesome and I'm probably going to switch to the Targas for my Flag this season. I currently use Ride SPi bindings which are awesome but a bit stiff. Response is awesome but can wear your feet out by the end of a long day.
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 09:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
Danimal!!!!!!

Location: Frederick, MD in other words to far from the big mountains

I was about to say the same thing about those bindings that you might wanna switch up to the Targas from the 390s. The Targa is a stiffer binding which sounds like what you need; and the Targa would mesh well with the Flag.

Rome Flag Snowboard | Rome Snowboard Design Syndicate 2008
Dcp584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 10:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lasto

Yeah you are definfintely right about the Lib TRS being too narrow. I have to admit that the Flag is seeming like the good choice, i think i'll get the 2007's they are at eternal snow for $325 and they have a 163, not to shabby . I was looking at the Targa's they seem like some good bindings for the mountain riding I'll probably take your advice with the Targas. Thanks for the help!
Old 10-17-2007, 10:26 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I think you'll love that set-up and that price is awesome for the board. Put it like this, I paid $260 for a demo 168 that has a chip in the top sheet that was repaired. You're getting a brand new one for only a bit more!
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 11:37 AM   #6 (permalink)
st.stark

One thing of note is the the-house is an AWESOME place to buy gear. I have bought quite a bit from them (and been to their store) and they have not only great deals but some really knowledgeable people working there. If you have questions do NOT hesitate to call them up! Hope that helps...
Old 10-18-2007, 01:53 AM   #7 (permalink)
Lasto

Thanks alot!! You guys were a huge help!
Old 10-18-2007, 09:29 AM   #8 (permalink)
st.stark

No problem man! That's what this forum is all about.