New, leftover or used? - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2007, 10:27 PM   #11 (permalink)
richedie

I couldn't find a used or leftover so the shop is finding me a new one. I am sure I will love the board and the new core/base, etc. We'll see if it needs no wax.

I emailed Rome a few times for advice but they never responded.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2007, 09:53 AM   #12 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by richedie
I couldn't find a used or leftover so the shop is finding me a new one. I am sure I will love the board and the new core/base, etc. We'll see if it needs no wax.

I emailed Rome a few times for advice but they never responded.
Weird that they didn't respond. They got back to me almost immediately on my inquiries and continued the conversation when I was deciding whether to get a demo from last year or this years. There's a part of me that's all about the new board and is wishing I got it, but I'm the type that will probably buy another new board next year. Keep us updated when you get a chance to ride it what you think. Where do you live by the way?
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 12:37 PM   #13 (permalink)
richedie

I was also considering one of those new Lib Tech Magna Traction board but heard mixed things. Also, a buddy of mine who used to own a shop was never thrilled with Lib techs and we have similar tastes. I live in PA and try to ride at elk mountain whenever they get 6-12" or so. I get up to Ney York state and vermont when possible and out west as well.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:28 PM   #14 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I live on LI, so I do CamelBack more than Elk when I do PA but I really try to avoid PA if possible...it's just worth the extra 30-60 minutes in the car to me to go to either a NY or Southern VT mountain. I do PA when I go with my GF's little cousins, the family has a house in the middle of Elk and Camel
Old 10-23-2007, 02:12 PM   #15 (permalink)
Danimal!!!!!!

Location: Frederick, MD in other words to far from the big mountains

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisevolution
The guys at Rome are like us, they want the customers to be happy and are willing to do what it takes to make it so. When I was up in the air about what to get, they basically said to me, when you get up to Stowe give me a ring and I'll let you demo a board from our Factory, if I don't have one available I'll stop at one of the shops and get you a free demo anyway just so you can try it out. They're all about meeting up with them and taking runs. What other company does that? Totally closed me on the merits of them as a growing company which I will now support 110%.
This is the stuff that makes Rome the awsome company that it is. And your right; who else does that? I mean you are not a shop rep or anything like that right??? Just and advid knuckle dragger like the rest of us.

And hey richiedie are you coming up for the East Coast Meet at Jay?
Dcp584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 02:49 PM   #16 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcp584
This is the stuff that makes Rome the awsome company that it is. And your right; who else does that? I mean you are not a shop rep or anything like that right??? Just and advid knuckle dragger like the rest of us.
Definitely not a shop rep, just like everyone else!
Old 10-23-2007, 04:11 PM   #17 (permalink)
Danimal!!!!!!

Shwerd, thats the way to be. Just another shred happy fool looking for as much snow as possible.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:16 PM   #18 (permalink)
richedie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisevolution
I live on LI, so I do CamelBack more than Elk when I do PA but I really try to avoid PA if possible...it's just worth the extra 30-60 minutes in the car to me to go to either a NY or Southern VT mountain. I do PA when I go with my GF's little cousins, the family has a house in the middle of Elk and Camel
For me, I prefer Elk to HUnter because I know where to go for snow after it snows and it is less crowded. IO haven't been to Platekill though although I want to this year. I am SICK of the drive to Vermonet after 15 years of the drive.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:30 PM   #19 (permalink)
Danimal!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by richedie
For me, I prefer Elk to HUnter because I know where to go for snow after it snows and it is less crowded. IO haven't been to Platekill though although I want to this year. I am SICK of the drive to Vermonet after 15 years of the drive.
WHOA! WHOA! WHOA! Now wait a minute. You are sick of Vermont or just the drive? Cause if you are sick of bigger mountains, longer runs, more snow, and epic days. Well your just crazy then. And are you coming to the meet?
Old 10-23-2007, 04:54 PM   #20 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I can see the drive from PA to VT being too much... I cry over the extra couple of hours in the car to get from Okemo/Killington area to Stowe or Jay Peak. Hunter is just a bit closer to me than Elk or Camel so I don't mind it and I usually make it a combined stay visiting some friends that went to college around there but never left!

Usually if I have the option I just do the Mt. Snow/Stratton/Bromley drive since they're the closest and are about the sime distance time wise as Hunter/Wyndham.

You should try to make it to the east coast meet at Jay Peak in March. I'm trying to go, but I believe that's the same week as my annual Utah trip. Not passing up on Utah for Jay Peak as much as I want to go