Gnu boards, do they change each year or is it usually just the art? Beginner her - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2014, 08:09 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Gnu boards, do they change each year or is it usually just the art? Beginner her

I am sure it will be similar with most brands, probably, but I have been looking at the 2014 Gnu Street. If I were to get it this week I would only get to use it maybe once or twice before next winter. The reason I would prefer it now is because I can likely get it cheaper than usual, and the art is really drawing my eye. Not sure if I should wait until next year for the newer version because I don't know if the actual board changes other than the graphic they use.

Also, it is mainly the art rather than price that makes me want this year's board rather than waiting.
RayzTheRoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2014, 08:17 PM   #2 (permalink)

Actually, what a waste of a post. Turns out I got my answer here: Gnu Snowboards 2015

My new question is what is the difference between BTX and PBTX? They both appear to be the same from what I have seen.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Well by the looks of it btx has mild camber outside of the rocker as where the pbtx appears to be basically flat outside the rocker. My mullet is btx and my attack banana is ec2 btx. I personally don't like btx only as it makes for a bumpy ride under foot. But then again I don't ride much park, mostly pow and all mountain.

Last edited by ridinbend; 03-09-2014 at 08:44 PM.
ridinbend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:46 PM   #4 (permalink)

Hmm. I may wait on a purchase until next season then. I plan to mostly just ride all mountain, but with a little bit of park as I get better (I have also kind of been inspired to do some park skiing now that I am getting back into winter sports and have skied forever). But I was looking at other boards, and I assume an ec2 btx would be better than just btx for mountain right?
Old 03-09-2014, 09:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Now's the time to buy if you want to get discounts.

If you can get the board you want for 30 or 40 per cent off there's got to be some pretty substantial changes to make it worth waiting till next year when you'll pay full price if you buy at the start of the season, plus the cost of a couple more rentals unless you've already got another deck
Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 09:28 PM   #6 (permalink)

Just not sure if the Street is right for me now and trying to go through all these boards is stressing me out, argh.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzTheRoof View Post
Just not sure if the Street is right for me now and trying to go through all these boards is stressing me out, argh.
Attack banana would be the better decision for all mountain. That or the trs. Check evo demo/blems section, tons of good boards super discounted. Even the burton trick pony.
Old 03-09-2014, 11:09 PM   #8 (permalink)

Thanks for the suggestions dude. As a side question, as a beginner boarder, how long do you think it would take before I can start trying my hand at rails? I think I am progressing fairly quickly, plus got a big background in skiing (not sure if that would even matter).
Old 03-10-2014, 12:13 AM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzTheRoof View Post
Thanks for the suggestions dude. As a side question, as a beginner boarder, how long do you think it would take before I can start trying my hand at rails? I think I am progressing fairly quickly, plus got a big background in skiing (not sure if that would even matter).
Only you can answer that question. If you have balance and speed and want to ride a rail then hit it.

Last edited by ridinbend; 03-10-2014 at 01:38 AM.
Old 03-10-2014, 12:37 AM   #10 (permalink)

The street usually go over 60% off retail on whiskey in the offseason . Goto dogfunk n check inventory add to cart
24WERD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gnu